• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to reduce wake?

RonnieWPB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2019 212S with a tower, and use it just go on the inter coastal with the family but I find people complaining that I’m going too fast when I’m literally going 4 mph or less.
I don’t use it for wake boarding, and I like the jet option due to safety by not having propellers out the back.
obviously the no wake mode doesn’t help much...
every search result I get is usually about the opposite (how to generate more waves) whereas I want less waves.

is there a way of reducing the amount of wake generated by the Jets ?
Perhaps installing a swimming platform extension ?
There has to be a way of reducing the amount of wake.
i see propellers boat passing by at twice the speed and with like 60 % less wake than my boat.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It goes with the Jet boat. I get looks all the time, so I go as slow as possible to maintain control. But in a good chop or a swift wind, it is not possible that I have found. Would definitely be interested in mod that would reduce that in no wake zones.

The admiral just stares at me when both bigger and smaller boats are passing us in the no wake zones, and not putting up much of a wake. I see her out of the corner of my, usually when she has had enough and wants to get back in. I just play it off and start pointing at homes and boats and chatting away....

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
For the amount of small bass boats and other clueless COVID boaters that don’t know what “no wake” means, I say just keep doing what you’re doing man.