• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

How was your outing on the 4th!

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What a outing I had on the 4th. Thought I might share my grief. I felt like I was in a reality show boating episode! Here is the list.
1. Engine compartment flooded (no drain plugs and bilge pump not on)
2. Sucked up a large piece of wood that jammed my impeller
3. Large wave (passing boat) broadsided me while anchored and both my grill and table leg post went over the side.
4. Tach Problem (forgot to hook up the plugs after the diagnostics)
5. Pin on my trailer hitch broke off (jammed it back in and it worked thankfully)
6. bottom of my trailer got scraped while launching and retrieving the boat on the concrete (haven't figured that out).
7. Someone stole my trailer sticker!

I have been jet boating for 3 years and many more with an outboard but never had a problem I guess my number was up.

Does anyone have any idea besides removing my plate how I can prevent the sticker getting ripped off and what is with that anyway why would anyone want my sticker?

My experience was not that bad compared to yours..I threw my second anchor out and realized....I did not hold the other end of the rope...Water was too cold to jump in after it.

Ouch, that's a rough day! Any one of those things alone would have been discouraging, but one after another, after another, would have been tough. I'm thankful we just got rained on all day.

I assume your grill sank?

BTW - I have never heard of anyone stealing a sticker. If their plate got ran it wouldn't work anyways.

I hope you earned some trouble free boating time from all of that.

Thanks Bill and Zeus . The grill is in Davy's Jones Locker! I was anchored in
10 ft of water and maybe if I did not forget my magnet I would have done a recovery ( too cold for a swim).

Yeah I hope they catch the sticker thief. I guess I will be taking my plates in from now on after I park it

@Zeus2013 I did the anchor thing a couple weeks ago with my Slide Anchor box anchor. I got away with it though as the water was about 49' deep and the rope was 50' long. I'm sure the look on my face said it all as I watched the rope disappear into the lake. :greedy:

I can't really help you with most of the stuff you went through...seems I've been up and down those roads before myself at one time or another. To have them happen all at once? All I can say is I hope the boating gods are done with you for a while.

As for the sticker...It happened to me once on one of my vans. Now what I do on all my vehicles that require a sticker is - I take a new razor blade and put numerous slices in various directions through the sticker after it is applied to the plate. That way the sticker doesn't come off in one piece and the likelihood of them continuing after the first small piece comes off is lessened. Even if they take the time to take all the small pieces, they will probably have one heck of a time putting that puzzle back together and it sure would be noticeable to LEO. Haven't lost a sticker since I started doing that.

Back