• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hull scrub brush

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Any recommendations on which one is good and not rough on the paint/gelcoat on the boat ? Im looking for one that has a long handle. Thanks

I use an RV brush. Purchased at Walmart in RV section. Works great. No more crawling under boat or stretching to reach the windshield.

what you scrubbing? Bad stuff or are you just washing?

I use the car wash brush from wally world

Just the boat hull after trips on the water. Thanks for the recommendations everyone .

I've never used a brush on the boat - I guess part of the reason is I have pretty long arms and can reach anywhere I need to, more importantly, I like to feel the boat with my hands as I wash it. That's the best way to discover any problems before they grow into bigger problems. A brush doesn't give me the same feel.
I use a lambs wool glove from Mother's, or if I can't find that, one of the microfiber mitts. The boat really isn't that big and doesn't take very long to wash by hand. I have a set routine that gets me done pretty quick - after all, I do it every time the boat comes out of the water. :cool:

I use the brush that I got from WalMart as well, I already had it to use on my camper. It is very soft.

Reviving this thread... What's the best brush for scrubbing a boat that's been in the water for 5 months straight? I'll use Hull Cleaner and pressure washer to knock the initial couple of layers off, but what's the best way to knock off that hard to get crap? Is a medium bristle brush ok to use?

This is the longest we've kept her in the water, and I am really dreading pulling her out next weekend.

Reviving this thread... What's the best brush for scrubbing a boat that's been in the water for 5 months straight? I'll use Hull Cleaner and pressure washer to knock the initial couple of layers off, but what's the best way to knock off that hard to get crap? Is a medium bristle brush ok to use?

This is the longest we've kept her in the water, and I am really dreading pulling her out next weekend.

I use acid and a soft brush. Cleans it up to showroom new. Just remember to wax it after.

I use a brush designed for vinyl siding with a non-telescoping handle approx 5' long, don't recall brand (label long since worn off).

Any pics of the crusty bottom? What are we dealing with? @cane.mba

BTW..this works for us.

Screenshot_2014-09-06-15-41-04.png

My boat sits in the lake for three months and comes out pretty scummy. We use the following:

1). Buy yourself a weed sprayer. The one I use is a 2 gallon size.
2). Buy some wood bleach. Oxcyllic acid.
3). Dilute the acid according to instructions into the sprayer.
4). Spray onto the hull, let It sit 3-5 minutes.
5). Wipe off with a sponge/ cleaning mit note: use some plastic dish gloves for your hands.
6). Rinse boat and trailer throughly.

Last week, it took 1 person with a sprayer and the hose and two of us with sponges about an hour to clean the entire bottom of the boat. This will strip any left over wax off the hull, but clean up is a breeze. I got this tip from my neighbor who's been doing this to his current boat that's 20+ years old and it looks no worse from it.

Before this I tried hull cleaner, bio-green clean and numerous other things and none were as easy or effective.

Hi Guys,

Im looking for a solution in the uk any ideas?
I have used RibRights gel cleaner https://ribright.co.uk/product/hull-cleaner
Which works great but its expensive when you have to do a 7 metre boat. I have heard people mention acid, what sort of acid?

Thanks in advance

Back