• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Huntin' for some shade and came up with this....

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We ended up with the AquaBrella, but I see it too is out of stock, if were still actively searching for shade I would look at the TaylorMade or this one from Oceansouth looks great. All have adjustable straps and they are what make the canopy stable. Good luck let us know which one you go with.

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes it is the oceansouth

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That's cool..so how was the install? Have you had a chance to get it out on the water? Let us know when you do and what you think! Have you tried to take the straps and attach them to the rings at the stern under the swim platform it may give you a bit more of an angle to hold the canopy in place.

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's cool..so how was the install? Have you had a chance to get it out on the water? Let us know when you do and what you think! Have you tried to take the straps and attach them to the rings at the stern under the swim platform it may give you a bit more of an angle to hold the canopy in place.
Install was pretty easy, maybe 10 mins. I like it, it’s mainly for just hanging out with the anchor down. Anything over 15mph it starts moving around. The attachment to the side makes the pole more stable than being parallel.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@ChrisD I am getting ready to buy the same rig did you get the 6'8 width or the 5'5" width, thanks

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Shade 2.0 for the new to us SX195. Big change from the original for the SX190!
View attachment 111025
That looks good. Are you happy with that shade? What size did you end up getting? Did you change out the cup holders or are they strong enough to hold the poles?

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That looks good. Are you happy with that shade? What size did you end up getting? Did you change out the cup holders or are they strong enough to hold the poles?
We are really pleased with the shade, had her out last week and what a difference in the 90 degree heat with the sun beating down on us! We bought the 6'8" width and it fits perfect. Used the original cupholders and in 8 to 10 knot winds no worries.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Shade 2.0 for the new to us SX195. Big change from the original for the SX190! This is from Oceansouth the 6 '8" wide version.
View attachment 111025
looks good, couple of Q’s:
1. Does the backside sways left to right much?
2. If there are no pole holes and one would have to use the cup holders, would the cup holder bottom hold up? Any damage to the cup holder bottoms due to the shape or material on the bottom of the pole?

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The back does not sway due to the straps tightly holding in place on each side, the poles are adjustable in length in 2 different areas which helps tremendously with how tight you can get the canvas and assists also with any movement. The cup holders have shown no signs of damage so far (we have only had it out and used the extension 3 times now). If we start seeing damage we would likely go with the rod holder type cup holders. We were just out this morning with winds around 7 to 8 knots and did not notice any damage when we were washing down the boat when we got back this afternoon. hope this helps.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Finally got out today where I could get in the water and take a picture of the shade provided.20200522_114133.jpg20200522_114301.jpg

muleror

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do we have an option for the front part of the boat?

DonJohnsMusic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just saw this post, not sure if you saw what I came up with. Can be used for both front and back. Now with ours having a tower vs just a bimini, I don’t know. When I first did it, the bungee in the middle was added later to give more stability. Then there is the tent idea which is the easiest and no polls to worry about. 419ABAC7-F386-41E9-861E-54F22253AE50.jpegAD6E345B-82BC-451C-B036-23B845D5DE99.jpeg17168568-D575-4762-A278-380700486B0C.jpegAD99A9A0-ADF5-49EA-A429-D271C554CFFC.jpegThis is what I mounted the pole with. I ended up making it bigger with some non slip stuff on the bottom. It works great, both tent and umbrella.