• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I can't believe I did this...

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Went to the lake this weekend and never even uncovered the boat!! The wife and I were doing some big spring cleaning this weekend and all I could do was look down at it while I was sitting on the deck. Very sad, I felt sorry for her!! The boat that is!!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bummer, at least we're getting closer to the season though, right? ;)

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oh yeah. Next weekend to be exact. Had to power wash the house, just covered in pollen along with all the outdoor furniture. Lots of mowing, which is a good thing because that means we are getting rain and keeping the lake full!!

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On a side note, I monitor the release of water at the Table Rock damn just so I know where the water level is as compared to where my dock sits. If the lake rises or falls 1 foot I will either gain 6 feet of shoreline or loose 6 feet. The Corp has been releasing water most of the weekend at a rate of 6000 to 6800 cfs. Now, a cubic foot of water is 7.48 gallons. For the at least the last 48 hours they have been releasing approx. 52,000 gallons a second into Taneycomo. Taneycomo feeds into Bull Shoals which feeds into Norfolk (I think). That's 3,120,000 a minute, 187,200,000 gallons an hour or 4,492,800,000 gallons a day!! And that doesn't make you say WOW!!! That's only about half speed for that damn. A few years ago when Table Rock got to 18 feet above pool stage, they were releasing something like 12,000 to 14,000 cfs per second!! That's a lot of water boys and girls!!!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you have them direct that water this way? We could use a lot of that water out here in CA!!!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went to the lake this weekend and never even uncovered the boat!! The wife and I were doing some big spring cleaning this weekend and all I could do was look down at it while I was sitting on the deck. Very sad, I felt sorry for her!! The boat that is!!
I know the feeling....I've been out to the river twice so far this year and not once did my boat get wetter than the Windex on the windshield :oops:

That's OK though....It's all ready for our first trip.....if it ever gets here. Memorial day is a "No Go" to the river holiday for us. Too many lunatics slip out of the asylum that weekend. We'll be in the desert getting used to life going forward in California. :(

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It gets kind of crazy on the lake too. All the big cruisers come out of hibernation along with the other crazies that have been waiting for the holiday. We usually go out in the evenings after everything settles down.

Have a good one!!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Received this a few days ago. The Corps were holding water in Lake Ouachita while water was running through the dams in Lakes Hamilton and Catherine at 65,000 CFS.

image.jpg

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ya know, I never did all that good at math in college and getting older ain't made it any easier.
I got all lost reading about CFM's and boys and girls, and gates, and minutes and matching this & that, and sexxens per seconds (I think that's what you wrote) .......
Could we keep this down for those of us who don't git all of this gobbley gook ?
The main point is this should be: IS CATCHING (not fishing) gonna be any better after they've done all of this ?

Last edited: