• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I feel betrayed

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just watched the AR240 video on Yamaha's website. How come my 2014 doesn't have all that neat stuff?:)

New hull, rudder, aka thrust vector or cobras, hinged swim deck cushions?! And something about sound dampening. It looks like Yamaha or someone has been to this site and taken some suggestions for improvement! The new boats look great. I'm not sure about the connective system or whatever the touch screen thing is. Looks more gimmicky than an improvement but I wouldn't know without seeing it in action. Hopefully some new 2015 owners here will tell us their thoughts.

Winters almost over and soon the boating season will begin. I'm looking forward to it. And thanks to all the great people here who give such great info. I've been able to learn so much about my boat and mod it thanks to you. Happy boating everyone!

I agree that Yamaha listened and addressed most of the main complaints of the 2010-2014 models (which are still great boats). I would love a 2015, but like I always say "the new boats of today, are the used boats of tomorrow". I will consider it in a few years when a clean, low-hour one comes along at the right price. Until then, I will enjoy the 2011 and keep it in top shape.

I just purchased the 2015 AR240 a couple of months back and I feel the same way you did with the X coming out.

I just purchased the 2015 AR240 a couple of months back and I feel the same way you did with the X coming out.
That being said ........... There is a $20,000 difference in prices between what you paid and this year's new 2016 242-X.
Maybe that fact will provide you some comfort.
Besides, you own a 2015 24-foot model and it's a pretty awesome boat !@ Congrats !
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

That being said ........... There is a $20,000 difference in prices between what you paid and this year's new 2016 242-X.
Maybe that fact will provide you some comfort.
Besides, you own a 2015 24-foot model and it's a pretty awesome boat !@ Congrats !
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
Thank you, I love it so far.

owning a boat is like being married... Once you get one, don't look at the newer models!

Back