• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

I had an idea...

MrWizard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am nearly OCD when it comes to organization, and had an idea to have everything "essential" in one handy, waterproof, floating container.
My buddy worked for a place that got a bunch of these hard cases in and gave one to me. After modifying the foam cutouts I am pleased with the results.
What I typically need on the river I can keep in the box:
1. All boat/trailer registrations, misc. paperwork
2. American flag. Flown proudly from the folding 'anchoring' light pole
3. S&W .40 with extra mag (legally authorized to carry concealed, former LEO)
4. Spare boat/tube plugs
5. Knife
6. Head unit cover/case
7. 4 way charge point with extra mobile chargers
8. Enough room to still store vehicle keys and wallet when underway.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1432935637693.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1432935637693.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 101
What's the knife for if you already have a gun? ;)

Just kidding, that's a nice set up. I like it.

Haha, I see what you did there. Overkill?
Seriously, the past few times I've been out I've needed a knife handy and didn't have one so I figured I'd just keep one in the box. Plus it keeps it out of the prying eyes (and hands) of the kids we sometimes have on board.
Oh, and I do have locks for the box just fyi...not quite a safe-but at least a deterrent to trying to open it.
Thanks though, I'm curious how many other people use this concept...
The box itself was free to me...so a rather economical decision.

It's for when you have to hoist the black flag (not shown in pictures).

dead_pirate_smiley_by_mondspeer-d7cc9rb.png

Or maybe just in case of Zombie outbreak and I run out of bullets??

I like the idea and it's similar to ours. We use a clear plastic box that is labeled a Pelican box. We put our cell phones, my wallet, and the truck keys in it and it is latched shut and put in our glovebox. I call it our ditch box because when it's latched it's water tight. If we have to abandon ship that is what we'd grab and off we'd go. I don't own a firearm, but I do keep a very sharp folding knife on board.

We do the same, @PEARCE ... But it's occurred to us that if we keep it in the glove box and the boat sinks quickly, it will go down with the boat!

I vote for deeper water, sunblock and some rum!

Zombies can't swim so stay on the boat! :)

We do the same, @PEARCE ... But it's occurred to us that if we keep it in the glove box and the boat sinks quickly, it will go down with the boat!

But your stuff inside will be safe... Hopefully. Dive down and get that box! Hopefully you can hold your breath :)

Well then you're gonna need duck-tape to tape the knife to the gun! (You need to take better notes at the movies! :D:D)

::adds duct tape to list of things to carry in the boat::
And yeah I guess better note taking is a must!! Point taken!

Just kidding, that's a nice set up. I like it.
Knife is for cutting the rope from your impeller shaft
Gun is for shooting yourself if you can't cut the rope off.

Back