• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I heard about this really cool club

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Add me to the list folks....... sucked up the wake board rope yesterday.

Tried to clear on the water through the clean out port. No luck.

A friend suggested "Put her in reverse and I'll pull on the rope".

Me not thinking this one through (how reverse actually works) I "put her in reverse Terry"

Ran to the ramp on 1 motor and pulled her out on the trailer to clear. About an hour of fiddling to get it freed up. Had lunch and then back on the water for the rest of the day. Gonna pull the pumps when we get home to inspect for any damage....🤞 🤪

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think you can update your profile here and get done trophy points...? Get yourself one of these floating ropes. They're a lot easier to keep track of.

Use the secret code "JetRope" when you checkout and shipping + disappear. 👍

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think you can update your profile here and get done trophy points...? Get yourself one of these floating ropes. They're a lot easier to keep track of.

Use the secret code "JetRope" when you checkout and shipping + disappear. 👍
Thank you @J-RAD . We were just talking about that as I was playing chase the tail (of the rope).

If this wasn't our only wake rope, I would have just cut it. Unfortunately it is and Lake Minatare (Scottsbluff NE) does not have a marina to buy a new one. We considered using the tubing rope as a back up plan if I did end up cutting the wake rope. Fortunately I was able to get it freed. Thanks for the promo code 👍

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think you can update your profile here and get done trophy points...?
@J-RAD , I looked in my profile, but did not see where I could join the sucked up rope club...... I did update my status , but not sure if that's how to do it.

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not trying to laugh at your situation, but I only hope at some point during the reverse you started yelling “Wawa wawa wawa!”😂 Aoi Lord Jesus that video was priceless!!!😂😂☺

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not trying to laugh at your situation, but I only hope at some point during the reverse you started yelling “Wawa wawa wawa!”😂 Aoi Lord Jesus that video was priceless!!!😂😂☺
@dnicholas47 , I did not make the "wawa wawa wawa" sound. I was too busy laughing at the guy pulling the rope getting pulled overboard when I turned over the starboard engine which then pulled in more line and said "professional rope puller" (laughing only started after I saw he was not hurt).... 😂🤣😂🤣😂

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you @J-RAD . We were just talking about that as I was playing chase the tail (of the rope).

If this wasn't our only wake rope, I would have just cut it. Unfortunately it is and Lake Minatare (Scottsbluff NE) does not have a marina to buy a new one. We considered using the tubing rope as a back up plan if I did end up cutting the wake rope. Fortunately I was able to get it freed. Thanks for the promo code 👍
Even better if you were able to salvage it... that's rare. Another tip I've heard is, if you remove the spark plugs it makes it so the shaft and impeller can spin freely in either direction.

@J-RAD , I looked in my profile, but did not see where I could join the sucked up rope club...... I did update my status , but not sure if that's how to do it.
Took me a sec to figure it out-
  1. Click your profile at the top
    • Drop down will appear
  2. Click "Account Details"
  3. Scroll down to "Sucked up rope yet?"
  4. Change your selection
  5. Click save

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm in the club!
This is about what it looked like, only he was holding the rope instead of a fishing pole......tenor (3) (1).gif

Last edited: