• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I need help, no spark

ZacB08

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
So I’m not sure why I wasn’t able to enter in my info correctly but I have a 1994 Sea Ray, Sea Rayder with a Mercury 3 cylinder 2 stroke engine.

The boat ran fine when it was parked but sat for about 4 or 5 years. When I got the boat I put a new battery and starter on it and was not able to keep it running for longer than a minute or two at a time.

So I first looked at the wires and they seem just fine. I’m not getting any spark on the lower cylinder and I think the first part I should replace next is the ignition coil but I’m having trouble finding the right part.

If anyone has any info on this issue, I’d appreciate some input. Thank you!

Yes, sorry I didn’t realize I left that part out. The plugs were actually the first thing I changed when I couldn’t get it to start

We had an 1970's vintage 115 Evinrude (sp?) 2-stroke. The CDI module went bad and at low rpm only 1 cylinder would fire. At higher rpm they would all fire. The failure was in a diode that would leak down voltage at low rpm but maintained enough voltage to fire at high rpm. Search for "how to test cdi with multimeter".

Thanks for the tips! Wish me luck

Back