• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I need some JB footballs

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How can I get some jet boaters footballs to throw at all these yammis I see on Lake Lewisville???

I have to remember to put my footballs back in the boat, I saw 2 SeaDoos and an AR240 I could have easily tossed them into while at Canyon Lake the other weekend.

@txav8r, I could use some more if you end up putting another order together.

What what whaaaaa? Footballs?

@txav8r, I will buy in for more.

Hi guys, I missed this...been on the road working for 4 days. Let me see what I can do.

How would you guys feel about inflatable footballs?

They would be more economical to ship but you would need to inflate them after receiving.

I guess the big test is that they would need to be heavy enough to throw.

We might be able to talk @justason into stocking some.

I'm game for whatever. I was cruising around on the jet ski the other day and passed about 6 yammis in different spots that were anchored bi thought it would be nice to have some footballs in the ski to toss to these folks and a quick wave and I'd be on my way.

I am also interested. Thanks.

How would you guys feel about inflatable footballs?

They would be more economical to ship but you would need to inflate them after receiving.

I guess the big test is that they would need to be heavy enough to throw.

We might be able to talk @justason into stocking some.
Yea, I think inflatable wouldn't throw very well. The foam balls are perfect.

what if we added a little water to the inflatables?

I think we should try to get some inflatable samples. Thick skinned inflatables might be best.

When I think inflatable I assume like thin beachball inflatable, but my kids have some inflatable toy soccer balls and footballs that are heavy enough to throw. However, they are heavier than the foam JBN balls, and I would think they are more $$$, so I guess we'd have to compare the difference between space and weight when it comes to shipping charges.

Sorry guys, I have been out of pocket and the prognosis isn't good that I can arrange a purchase on these. The big issue is shipping to individuals. The shipping isn't bad, but for small quantities it is a killer. The inflatable balls were priced well above the foam version. My goal was to keep cost including shipping, in the $3.00 per ball range or they don't make an affordable business card. We printed in a single color on red or blue balls to help with that. They had a minimum order of 250 balls to keep cost down too. Now that we have ordered from them before, we may be able to order less, but once a year orders may be hard to get them to do for us at the reduced rates. I have the info here and @Bruce has thought someone else might want to take over the footballs. I have no problem with that and if @justason or anyone else for that matter want to do it, I will give you my contact info. I love the footballs but the floods of the spring/summer killed the opportunity to deliver our name via football, however, I am carrying some to Powell soon! I will need to reorder, but based on what it takes to get them ordered and delivered to a central place, bagged, and shipped, my guess is that we are missing the rest of the season. We need to be loaded for next season and ready to go! So if the orders aren't pressing, I can get on this over the off season and giterdone! Otherwise, I need to pass the football to someone that can get it done now. Ideas?
balls.jpg

Who do you use, cafe press or something? If we get a template and then place orders against something like cafe press it should be great. The only footballs that I think we should use are foam ones that people can put into their clean-out ports (maybe even have something on the ball that says: "For use in clean-out ports" ) because otherwise it's a ball on the water that becomes useless. I would pay above 3$ for these. I would even pay more if I could personalize them to include my userid on here so someone can thank me for introducing them to this great resource.

And from an order size reference point... I have given out 45 cards so far to people off the water and have never gotten close enough to anyone on the water to give someone a card. I would be down for 20 red footballs at a minimum.

Edit: regarding powell, you should bring at least 10. There have been SO MANY yamaha's on that lake lately it's unreal. I usually see 4 each time I go out.

I'll echo @txav8r statement on shipping..It's a PITA with coozies, I cant imagine the chore with the footballs........"what if" we took a easy media, like a croakie, or coozie, or keyfobs and rubber-banded them to a tennis ball. walmart sells a bag of tennis balls for some $6-$8 bucks, removes the overhead and shipping, makes available to all.

even bunching up something into a ball and rubber-banding them will get you some distance maybe, forgo the tennis ball ?

right now I've been placing these things on trailers in the parking lot, or handing them to folks at the boat launch with a jetboat........I seldom approach folks on the lake, I've gotten mixed reviews while approaching.

Solution - We get custom made water balloons. Uninflated balloons would be easy to ship! Water balloon launchers are like $6. I have one on my boat. I even break it out on occasion. We just shoot custom printed water balloons at jetboats we see. Wait.....problem....the balloons are going to break. :rolleyes:

And another problem, for some reason people get really upset when they get wet by a water balloon on the lake - even if they are swimming!!

So.....we shall scratch that idea. ;)

Back