• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I wanna buy a boat

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So I had a 212x and loved it. Right now I am getting the urge. BUT I want to get an outboard or I/O (Salt Water use) Question is what do you guys recommend for a 19/21footer, under the price of 35K. Basically we would be cruising around, and laying out to get tan, no fishing. I guess something similar to the interior of the 212X as far as seating is concerned. Thanks in advance !!!!!!

So basically a jet boat setup with a prop?
If you want a prop in saltwater, I personally think an outboard is the way to go.
https://www.montereyboats.com/M-225-10-42683.html
this may appeal to you?
If not, why not and I can change up the expectation!

That looks sweet, just looked it up !!!!! And the M-205 is in the price range after I did the build option.

I think that would be the jetboaters.net equivalent to a swish. Nicely done, @Speedling !

Why not jet? I have no issues with my jet and only go exclusively in salt.

If I didn't buy a jet boat, I was going to go with a Monterey M-4. They make great boats.

If I didn't buy a jet boat, I was going to go with a Monterey M-4. They make great boats.
The price doesn't seem as crazy as some others i have seen.

The price doesn't seem as crazy as some others i have seen.
Not for the M-4. It felt like a great boat, price was inline with most others and pretty much the 212 LS.

So I am leaning towards the Monterey M-205 outboard. It has a better warranty (7 years) and design in my opinion. The question I have is this. I have the option of having the already included in the price 150hp Mercury 4 stroke outboard, OR switching motors to the Yamaha 150hp 4 stroke outboard. for an EXTRA $1650 !!! So do you guys think the Yamaha is far better then the mercury, or in this day and age are the two similar enough NOT to justify the extra $1650. Also can I get a better overall deal if I order direct from the factory (If allowed), or am I locked into having to order from a dealer??

Last edited:
We're Yamaha jet boaters here, not outboarders :)
Personally I'd kick in another $1650 above the Yamaha 150 price and get what should be the new design Mercury 200hp V6!

Lol. My first boat was a Yamaha 212x. So i am a Yamaha boat guy originally. My thousand plus posts were all Yamaha related haha. I have some Yamaha street cred still ?

Back