• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

iBoats- Shoretex Boat Cover...thoughts...

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone have any experience with these covers? I was given one as a gift for Christmas which is kind of a waste of money as i can only use it 3-4 month out of the year (when the boat is on the trailer).

I still need to buy the Yamaha cover with the ratchet straps, so i can use it on my boat lift.

I do not think i can return the cover as it says custom covers cannot be returned unless there is a defect. Anyway, just trying to figure out if it is worth using this thing as my winter cover while the boat sits on the trailer.

I was looking at this cover a few days ago when I came across them searching for new steering cables. It was way too hard to tell how it fit/secured to spend that kind of non-returnable money. Can you share your impressions on quality and design? I really like the design of the OEM cover. It works well for me on the trailer or on the water.

i just installed this cover, i will send some pics later today. i will only use this cover in winter while the boat is on the trailer. I ordered another OEM cover for when the boat is on my lift

I'd like to see pics of this cover as I don't have any experience with it. I've always used the OEM cover and liked it.

not the best pics, but here is what i have...

Couple points i dont like about the cover:
  • i dont like how it straps around the trailer frame (as opposed to OEM cover that ratchets tight (this cover also has a string you pull tight in the back, but not as good)
  • I dont think you are supposed to trailer a lot (at high speeds) with these types of covers (at least from what i read)
  • Takes a lot more time to put on that the other OEM cover
  • The fit is ok, they say it is custom, but it isnt as good as the OEM cover. if OEM is a 10, i would give this a 6 or 7.
On a positive note, the materials seems really good. I will give you more info after a few rain storms when i find out if it keeps water out (my OEM cover did not do a great job after about 1 year when fabric started to deteriorate). This after-market cover comes with a 5 year warranty, but we will see about that...

Again, this cover was a gift for me. I would have (and already did) order another OEM cover as i can take it off and on when boat is on the boat lift. I cannot use this cover on the lift as there is nothing to tie off too. I plan on using this cover for winter storage (when boat is on the trailer...assuming it is waterproof) I will use the OEM cover during summer and hopefully it will last longer only using it part of the year...

cover 1.jpg
cover 2.jpg

@jlcj7 , thank you for the details and photos. It will likely be a good storage cover. The info secures my feeling that nothing beats the OEM cover. I am glad they are still available after 10 years!

I have used that type of cover for the past 7 years. I have traveled with it on at highway speeds from AZ to FL (Both ways) as well as from Phoenix to Lake Havasu, Lake Mead, Lake Mohave and all the local Phoenix area lakes. It held up really good:thumbsup:. I am now in the market for a new cover as well. My OEM Yami cover did not even last 4 years, first the ratch system broke, then the vacuum vents tore away from the cover (when towing - Hope I did not break someones windshield:(). the rubber around the dock hooks started cracking and than rubbing the gel coat and leaving black makes (pain to get them removed):rage:. Yamaha told me the warranty on the cover is only 1 year.

I am happy with that type of cover, and will probably purchase another. Just make sure it has the vacuum vents for towing. I also wrapped microfiber around the clips so they did not rub on the boat.

Happy New Year and GOOD Boating.

Back