• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ice Hole!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Gotcha! I need to know ASAP, how deep/wide/long the ice chest hole in the starboard seat compartment is. Gotta fill it with something, at store, and forgot to measure. Can I get a little help from my friends?

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably too late but the floor is 23 X 13 and the height is 18. Just be careful of coolers that have the right size bottom but progress in size as you get to the top - like YETI's.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks @Rigger but I guess I didn't explain it well. I need to know the actual depth of that recess to the floor, not to the seat. I want to fill that recesswith something so I can put my storage containers on top of it.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ahh! If I had to guess I'd say 2 inches.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I figured 1 to 2 inches. Thanks for the additional confirmation on it. I wish I could find something to fill it without waisting it. I will never use an ice chest it there.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So...what would you guys fill that void with, that don't intend to use an ice chest in it? I considered spare spring lines or possibly a spare anchor line/tow rope in there to fill the space and give support to whatever containers I put in there. I bought some 3 days ago, returned them to Target today, and bought 4 more from Wally World tonight. That void is a poor design also. Yamaha, what are you thinking?

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We always keep a case of bottled water on the boat. I had it in the bottom of the head storage compartment, but found that if I filled in the ice chest recess with the water bottles it would fill in that void and level out the floor. On top of the bottles we keep 1 plastic bin full of paper plates/cups/cutlery/plastic wine glasses/etc., and reserve the rest of that compartment area for my wife's boat bag and towels. Jammed in the rear most corner of that area is our coast guard pack of orange life vests in a square bag.

So, bottled water fills it in nicely, and is out of sight/out of mind until wanted.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks @Kelso . We will have 4 bins in there with all of the stuff you mentioned in your bin and in addition, spares of all variety of stuff, fire proof matches, wire saw, fire starter, extra garbage bags, extra ropes, spare fender kwik loks, carabiners, etc. We keep fenders, tools, rags, oil, vinyl sauce/conditioner/hot sauce all in another bin in the port storage. And will keep a paddle and move the anchor light from port side in this boat to starboard, where it was in the 230. All boat bags, towels, paper towels, and immediate needs go in the head compartment and will be modifying it with shelving here shortly. I have already added the shoe organizers for sunscreens/lotions/cleaners/cups/wine glasses/cork screw/bottle opener/flashlight/and more. Also keep the lugable loo in the head compartment. I used to keep all the life jackets in there, except the 4 extra orange may west vests...they are in the port storage as far forward as possible. In the ski locker, is the gang plank, pump, saddle floats, and now the life jackets. Nothing up front yet except the table and the filler cushions in the helm compartment and forward under and behind the bow seating. This is the part I like...getting it perfect! I may take you up on the bottled water...but after you consume it all, you have another void!

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thought maybe you were talking about Keweenaw Bay. We drove past this afternoon and there's still a lot of ice bobbing around out there. Not one big sheet, but a bunch of city-bus-sized icebergs. I'd say about 30% of the surface are of the bay is ice - but it's all spread out. You could ALMOST navigate a boat through it but you sure couldn't walk across it.

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I may take you up on the bottled water...but after you consume it all, you have another void!
This stash of bottled water can be thought of as extra water in case we run out of what may be taking up room in the beer ice chest, LOL.. Its been in there a year now.