• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Impeller and wear ring issues

Clayman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2006 sx230 ho I’m replacing port side impeller and wear ring. I installed new impeller a 6P6-R1321-00-00. The wear ring with plastic insert is the picture attached. When all assembled the plastic wear ring is to small and rubs bad. I’m thing wear ring is wrong. I put original wear ring on and it clears impeller. Unfortunately I think the bearings in housing are bad When I spin the shaft it’s seems rough. Any advice would be great. I have bearing kit ordered.

Attachments

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Might be that your plastic insert is correct, but due to the bad bearings, it is rubbing. I did a similar plastic wear ring and my bearings are good and its nice and tight. Additionally, I do change my impeller from time to time (from flyboard to standard boating) and my impeller would rub, but it only lasts a few minutes in the water and the plastic gives way. This does cause an issue with my flyboard impeller, as it is too loose. hmmmm, maybe I am not much help, sorry..

Clayman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was wondering if maybe the plastic will rub away. There is no play in bearings though in and out or up and down. Water came out of bearing opening from impeller side and when I turn the shaft it skips a little.

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Plastic will come out but do it in the water so it will cool and not melt. You will know right away if you have play, as you won’t have good thrust.