• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Impulse 1994 Sea Ray Sea Raider 90 purchase!

MattyD

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
SeaRayder
Boat Length
Help...

My better half just bought this little boat on a whim because it's cute. It's definitely well maintained as it's still mint and all interior is original. Text run and p/u tomorrow.

Question: If no obvious engine issues and runs according to expectations, should I just grin and bear OR am I looking at a ton of issues... small lake and is a secondary boat for fun.

Any comments appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230916_141709_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230916_141709_Facebook.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20230916_141731_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230916_141731_Facebook.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20230916_141740_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230916_141740_Facebook.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 21
Definitely looks like it was taken care of. I had a 1994 Baja Blast for a couple years that had the same engine and pump as your Sea Raider, the engine is a Mercury/Force outboard power head so parts are still available. They were known to have issues with the magnets coming loose on the flywheel and ignition problems. Mine took forever to get up on plane with two of on it but I have a feeling that the wear ring needed to be replaced.

Thank you for your insight. Water test in an hour!

do you happen to have the engine id # mine is all washed off and cant read it

Back