• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Incorrect Gas Gauge Reading

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Twice now our boat has read somewhere between 10-20% fuel remaining from the connext screen. The was read when floating, on plane, or trailered. When filling up at the gas station it is only taking 16-17 gallons of gas to get it back up to 100% capacity. Has anyone else experienced such a drastic difference in what the fuel gauge reads and what fuel is actually remaining?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tend to take the lower reading, but who knows what is correct. if your boat on the trailer is not level and in bow up it wont fill correctly. at my pumps there is a spot that is downhill thats where i try to fill, because the fill tube goes onto the rear of the tank. if I go bow up I never fill completely

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yeah I figured when trailered it wouldn't be accurate or get completely full. Our lake we can't fill the boat with gas, so I have to fill while trailered. Even so, the reading is still 100% when we get it back on water. I have a call into our local dealer to see if they can figure out why this may be happening.

Cigarlaw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Last week on the lake. Boat is only 4 months old. Gas gauge read 29%. Came off plane and it drastically went to 0%. Stayed at 0% for 20 minutes or so and gradually worked it way back up to 29%. Called dealer: "yeah, that happens sometimes."

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I would definitely take it back to the dealer. I have a 2019 AR195 and I don't have any issues with the fuel gauge. It seem very accurate on mine.

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I called the local dealer and they hadn't heard of anything like that. They are putting in a call to Yamaha to see if there is something else that may be going on. It doesn't stop me from boating in our limited summer season in the PNW, so I am going to wait to actually take it in to the dealer until September timeframe.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Every boat I have had has always fluctuated 15 to 20% from on plane to at rest on the water. I wouldn't worry about too much

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I’m just concerned I’m always reading around 10-20% on plane or at rest when I have over 50% left in the boat. I have to pull the boat out of the water to fill, so that could kill a weekend if I have to go refill thinking I’m nearly empty when I have more than half my tank available.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The older boats had two small potentiometers to adjust the fuel gauge . For vacation I will be hauling the boat about 300 miles so I run it low on gas so the boat is lighter I noticed it went from 18 % to zero very quickly but it was still running and the gas alarm would keep sounding about every 10 minutes even in float mode . When the gas read 50% it took about 25 gallons that seems to be accurate we have different models so you could have different components