• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Initial Cold Start Stall Out

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hello Everyone.
I have a 2019 AR-195. Lately, when the boat has not been used for approximately 3 to 4 days, Upon starting the boat, it stalls out. (doesn't want to idle). I have to restart and immediately give it some gas to keep it running until after a few minutes. Does this happen to anyone else? I don't remember the boat doing this before. It may have started after I cut the Ribbon out of the manifold. I wonder if there is a very small leak???

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Different boat, but when it happened to me replacing the plugs made the problem go away. Plug replacement is cheap enough it may be worth it.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Normally, I would agree with @Beachbummer , but on a 2019 right after a ribbon delete? I would check your delete job. Make sure everything got seated properly when you put it back together and nothing got kinked.

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks. I think it was right around that time of the Ribbon Delete. If you remember, it is a one piece design for 2019 and I actually had to cut it out. I must say I don't smell anything. Once the boat warms a little, it idles and runs perfect. Just the initial cold start like the ECM isn't adjusting.

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Beachbummer, I changed the plugs at 10 hours. I now have 45 hours on them gaped at maximum. I do use the Sta-Bil 360 in the tank mixed on the strong side. I suppose between the two, it could also contribute.