• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Intake grate bolts

PrimaBoat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Does anyone know the bolt size/length for the stern intake grate bolts (3)? Mine are missing (used boat purchase) The boat is a 2017 Scarab 165 HO.

Gozills

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Thank you! Do they attach to a plate of some kind or are there nuts in the bilge area?
Actually i believe the 3 bolt grates use m8 bolts

PrimaBoat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Two in the front, three in the back. It’s a long way to the hardware store so I’ll get both.

PrimaBoat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
It turns out the three at the stern end of the grate are M6 x 16 bolts. The two at the bow end are M8 x 16 and bolt through the hull into nearly inaccessible nuts in bilge.