• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

interior LED install

Kross

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
all done with the interior LED install. very pleased with the final product. Wrapping the front speakers made a huge impact. Spent $50.00 total. enjoy...

photo_2015-05-26_22-38-44.jpg

photo_2015-05-26_22-38-41.jpg

photo_2015-05-26_22-38-35.jpg

photo_2015-05-26_22-38-38.jpg

photo_2015-05-26_22-38-32.jpg

photo_2015-05-26_22-38-29.jpg

photo_2015-05-26_22-38-27.jpg

photo_2015-05-26_22-38-56.jpg

- Kross

I like that remote. Simple and to the point. I have something similar for my LED floodlights for my front yard.
What controller/other materials did you use? I am looking to redo my boat LEDs sometime this year.

I like that remote. Simple and to the point. I have something similar for my LED floodlights for my front yard.
What controller/other materials did you use? I am looking to redo my boat LEDs sometime this year.

LEDs, $20 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004T0BM0O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
RBG wire - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DPQMKBS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
connectors - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00977FHG4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

- Kross

Can you share how you hooked into the power? That looks like the easiest way to do LEDs I have seen. Thanks for sharing.

Also, did you look into a dimmer of any sort for your install?

Last edited:
Yep super easy. Exact way I did mine. Turned out great!

Can you share how you hooked into the power? That looks like the easiest way to do LEDs I have seen. Thanks for sharing.
Also, did you look into a dimmer of any sort for your install?

1. buy the LEDS i linked above
2. comes with a power converter so you can plug-it-in the wall outlet.
3. cut the end of that off (after the brick, opposite side of the plugin)
4. wire that to the driver side LED that is above the throttles. (just strip the cables that go to that LED, without breaking them, and black-tape/solder the power lines in to that lead)
- Now the lights will turn on with the rocker switch already in the boat
5. proceed with wiring. it sucks, soldering all the connections really really sucks. Took me a few days of seperate time blocks to do it all. Very happy I did.

No way to snap the wire ends into the connectors, thus eliminating the soldering ?? If so Ill put some under my deck at the house

No way to snap the wire ends into the connectors, thus eliminating the soldering ?? If so Ill put some under my deck at the house
Good thinking @geiger41 I just ordered this whole set up to use under the railing around my deck. Figured I would test it out there then move to the boat next. A lot cheaper than the deck lights you find at Lowe's!

you will be fine not soldering. I soldered because of the marine environment. Trying to beat corrosion.

Great write-up! This will be added to my mod list....

How did you stick the led strip? Did you do it on the bottom of the cushion or to the fiberglass?

I did a very similar install and its to the fiberglass. I have the same model year boat he does and the seat cushions need to be removed to get full access to the compartments under them so mounting to the seats wasn't an option. I didn't run the strip up the front bow that he did as it would restrict me putting the bow filler cushions in. Below is a link to mine.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/led-lights-installed-on-a-2011-sx240-picture-heavy.8511/

I bet I have the same floodlights! Lol I use them for Christmas.
image.jpeg

Back