• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Is anyone familiar with these style fenders?

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Taylor Made transom fenders... Anyone have any experience with them? They're pretty darn pricey, but depending which lake we go to, and what dock/slip we use, they seem like they could be very nice. I'd love to be able to tie the stern off to the dock, making boarding much easier for the older generation in my family, but I'm not sure how well they'd stay in place on a swim platform, and whether the lines to hold them would be a pain in the ass to navigate. All in all, I'm intrigued, but due to the price, I feel like it's not a gamble I'd make unless someone has and loves them. And, since a search in the forum doesn't bring up diddly squat, I'm guessing they're not used by many people. Figured I'd check anyway...

transom-fenders.png

I don't have any experience with these but I do have the large Taylor Made Big Boy fenders and they are awesome. My only issue with these would be, unless you are docking up to a sea wall or some variation of a solid dock wall that goes into the water, these would just go under the average dock and do no good as they are far too low.

I bought and used one of these years ago. It didn’t work out for me. The opening is much smaller than the thickness of my swim deck, so it won’t stay mounted via friction. I could get it to stay put with lines but the lines were obstructing the swim deck which wasn’t acceptable. My wife and crew didn’t like the trip hazard the lines caused.

Last edited:
I don't have any experience with these but I do have the large Taylor Made Big Boy fenders and they are awesome. My only issue with these would be, unless you are docking up to a sea wall or some variation of a solid dock wall that goes into the water, these would just go under the average dock and do no good as they are far too low.

yeah, the two specific places I have in mind are concrete sea walls, so it should hypothetically work, but that’s a lot of coin for something that’s only good for certain scenarios.

I bought and used one of these years ago. It didn’t work out for me. The opening is much smaller than the thickness of my swim deck, so it won’t just mounted via friction. I could get it to stay put with lines but the lines were obstructing the swim deck which wasn’t acceptable. My wife and crew didn’t like the trip hazard the lines caused.

This speaks directly to one of my primary concerns. I was afraid the lines would be a pain to navigate. I’m sure they have their uses, but unless someone chimes in with a raving review, I’m thinking I’ll pass on them.

If I still had it I would give it to you at no cost, well maybe shipping. As I recall I gave it to a fellow boater (a stranger who tied up next to me) after my second attempted use. Not the best $100 I’ve ever spent but glad I did even if it only allowed me to confirm it would not/did not work for me.

If I still had it I would give it to you at no cost, well maybe shipping. As I recall I gave it to a fellow boater (a stranger who tied up next to me) after my second attempted use. Not the best $100 I’ve ever spent but glad I did even if it only allowed me to confirm it would not/did not work for me.

Lol, thanks for taking one for the team!

Back