• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is my 2005 SX230 a HO or not?

ninjakris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone. New to the forum.

I recently picked up a 2005 SX230 and I can't tell if its the Hight Output or not. Is there any giveaways that I can look for to tell? Its not that big of a deal either way, but when looking for parts, I want to make sure I know what to get. I tried searching but didn't have much luck. IMG_6284.JPG

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't see any lettering on the side.

Look at your RPM Gauges, If they say High Output, it is, if it does not, it is not.

This video at 1:51 will show the high output gauges. If they say Yamaha but no High Output lettering, it is not High Output.

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If it's an HO it will say it on the tachs also the engine cover will be grey vs black for the non HO

ninjakris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
you guys are awesome. I don't remember the HO on the gauge and I'm pretty sure my engine cover is black but I'll go out tomorrow and verify. Thank you!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As old as your boat is i would look for markings/label on the engines, take a picture and attach it to the post

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The engine label will also have a total CC specified. Under 1000cc will be the non HO engine and 1052cc(if I'm remembering correctly) indicates the HO engine.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The 140 hp mr1s have black covers and are 992/998 cc, the 160 hp mr1s have silver covers and are 1,052 cc.

ninjakris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
good news, I have the HO. The gauges both say high output and the engine covers are black and also say high output on them. Thanks again for the help. Its not like this would have changed my decision to buy the boat or not and I'd never know the difference in performance but its going to be helpful for any future parts I may need to order.