• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is the Chesapeake City Boat Ramp short?

Jeff L24

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Has anyone ever launched from the small ramp in Chesapeake City, MD? I thought I read somewhere that the ramp is dangerously short. That could be subjective, perhaps that person was there during a very low tide. I don't want to risk my trailer tires dropping off the edge if it is truly a danger. Any feedback is appreciated.

Has anyone ever launched from the small ramp in Chesapeake City, MD? I thought I read somewhere that the ramp is dangerously short. That could be subjective, perhaps that person was there during a very low tide. I don't want to risk my trailer tires dropping off the edge if it is truly a danger. Any feedback is appreciated.
Launched there plenty of times, it's not short as far as the ramp length goes. However, it is very tight to maneuver and there is extremely limited parking. I wouldn't recommend going there unless you are extremely confident in your trailer backing skills. A lot of locals who are very vocal about people blocking the ramp up. Also, virtually no room to screw around, either before launching or after recovery. So you have to be prepared to launch before you get there and be on your A game.

Are you saying there is no prep area? I usually trailer with my cover on and need 5 min to prep (not at ramp) before launch? I was aware that parking is limited, it seems like maybe people just park on Bethel Road as overflow?

Are you saying there is no prep area? I usually trailer with my cover on and need 5 min to prep (not at ramp) before launch? I was aware that parking is limited, it seems like maybe people just park on Bethel Road as overflow?
There's is parking on Bethel Rd, on the grass shoulder on the right and up in the field on the left, but it all fills up pretty quickly.

If you're quick, you can prep in line while waiting your turn.

Back