• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is this a record for sea weed in the jets?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't think the clean out plugs are going to help with this!

image.jpg

Gotta love that Florida grass! You might have picked that up right at the ramp.

I had a coat of greasy slime along my waterline when I pulled my boat out at Harbor Towne Marina, but no weeds.

I think @Ronnie recently posted a video of him cleaning out his ports and it had enough to rival what you are looking at. I was amazed at how much stuff he had pulled out of his ports.

If you still had thrust then I have had worse. Had to hang from the rear cleats and use my toes to push the "floor mats" off the intakes. Milfoil sucks.

That was from our local lake this evening. It must have been sucked up just as @Rana powered down the engines.

You'd make a good meal there, just google "lava bread" yum yum! :D

Who ordered the salad?:wtf:

You'd make a good meal there, just google "lava bread" yum yum! :D
You got me...:yuck::vomit:

Laverbread (Welsh: bara lafwr or bara lawr) is a traditional Welsh delicacy made from laver. To make laverbread, the seaweed is boiled for several hours, then minced or pureed. The gelatinous paste that results can then be sold as it is, or rolled in oatmeal; it is generally coated with oatmeal prior to frying.

A couple weeks ago we were boating on the Columbia River. One of my friends had to go pee, so we had to get to shore. I ran over a patch of milfoil. Clogged both impellers and I could not get it all out via the plugs. Had to jump in with the milfoil and use my feet to kick it out from the intake. That sucked because the water was very cold. I hate milfoil!

I guess you haven't heard of the anchor line knife trick?

Get yourself about 25' of your anchor line out. Toss it over the bow and hang on to two ends. Walk to the rear of the boat while sliding the anchor line along your hull. As you near the intake grates, start a sawing motion while slowly moving to the rear. This will cut and dislodge the grass/debris.

I guess you haven't heard of the anchor line knife trick?

Get yourself about 25' of your anchor line out. Toss it over the bow and hang on to two ends. Walk to the rear of the boat while sliding the anchor line along your hull. As you near the intake grates, start a sawing motion while slowly moving to the rear. This will cut and dislodge the grass/debris.

Doh! Great advice!

You can always just sharpen the leading edge of the intake grate, no more intake clogs, it will just slice the weeds as you boat. I think I am just joking

Back