• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is this what you need trim for?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
1000 hp, dual jet drives, with trim to throw a monster rooster tail.

A couple things to notice though....
- watch as he trims the pumps up to make the rooster tail! The boat does NOT nose up hardly at ALL!!! The hull simply dictates where you're going to point, so having trim on our boats will NOT help I believe. Trimming down however, can help for other things.

- The rooster tail is awesome

- with 1000 hp this boat reportedly does mid 70's and he was tweaking to get into the 80's. Not as fast as I would want to go with 1000 hp!!

- dual jets on one engine. I have thought about this and actually was thinking that it would be really cool to have a catamaran dual jet boat but the problem is always what to do with engines. 24' 242ss? the second 2 is for 2 hulls/catamaran? I'll keep dreaming... for now... Probably less efficient than a larger single jet, however, I don't know what the costs are of a bigger jet. But a single small block v8 linked to twin Yamaha pumps would be a decent setup to give us gear heads something to tinker with, jet pump reliability, big v8 sound, and a way to adjust gearing to the jet pump to reach a max of the optimum 7000 rpms. Current setup in mind would be my old 302 (5.0 for you new schoolers) with aluminum heads and a heat exchanger from a lightning for the cooling system. Engine would be good for 350 or so hp, can be supercharged (stock blocks crack at 500hp, I would KNOW) and could use a closed loop cooling system with the jets pumping into the heat exchanger. Ok ok... enough of that...

- I believe they said this was a 23' boat. Not horrid length for speed or anything. Watch how the front of the hull is out of the water more though. This is a hull designed for more speed and cutting through the water. Now watch the video's from yamaha on your boat, whichever one it may be. Our Yamaha boats (and other brands as well from what I have seen) really plow a lot more water than that. This gives us a more luxurious ride, but sacrifices speed and economy. I originally thought that this would be because of the jet intake needing to be in the water securely, but the more I watch different jet boats I am thinking this is more and more of a hull design, and NOT a jet boat restriction.

Ok, enough...
tl;dr the boat is cool

Cool video. I wonder why the you can trim the pumps other than it being cool to make a rooster tail? I guess the 1,000hp answers the question of what it would take to make a stock boat any faster. If I've only got 360hp, less for my CARB boat, its going to take a lot to gain a significant speed increase if this boat is doing 70mph with 1,000hp. I'm thinking of adding JATO bottles to my boat. I'll get 100mph, well, at least for 20-30 seconds.

That looks like a jetavator and I'm pretty sure the rooster tail is just for show. It's kind of like the wave runners that have the rooster tail for visibility. My old SeaDoo SPX had an adjustable trim which changed the angle of the thrust up and down and it made a huge difference in the handling of the ski and didn't put out a rooster tail like that. It would be awesome if our boats had a similar system.

I need to find me some stainless scraps to make a prototype but I have something drawn up roughly to adjust the trim. I am pretty sure it won't make a difference.

Back