• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet Boat...would you do it again?

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This forum is also one of THE main factors in my stating this - it's like an addendum to the owner's manual that's invaluable to the whole experience.
@drewkaree , that is a GREAT analogy ! I had never thought about it that way . A much better version of the owners manual.
I too am on my second Yamaha so obviously did do it again. No regrets !

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

sananvet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Use a plastic yard sign stake. It’s long enough to reach, has hooked end to grab debris and it floats in case you drop it (unlike a knife for example). I don’t have a jet boat anymore but I always carried a plastic yard sign stake in my emergency kit.

View attachment 109250
Perfect! Just the kind of simple hack I was hoping for!!

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The noise is the one thing that ended up getting on my nerves more than I expected.
@mwalker4 Before we bought our '13 SX190 we had considered the noise factor, but having had outboards before we took the dive and didn't see that much of a difference in the noise from the engines, we still couldn't carry on a conversation at cruise in either situation, fast forward to the "new to us '18 SX195" we just purchased and we are stunned at the difference in the noise, we can cruise at 30-35 MPH and actually carry on a conversation....So I was intriguied by your comment on the 19's being noisy. Maybe with the new layout the resonant hull noise has returned like on our '13. We both feel like the hull and structure on the '18 feels more solid and absorbs the sea state better, we were out on Friday in 1-2 ft seas with light chop and were really impressed.

Canesfan1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Yes we would do it again!
Bought our 255 open in April and love it. Yes we have had a couple problems but wouldn’t change anything about our purchase. We have 48 hours now and they are all saltwater. Just pulled it last week and can’t wait until spring!!

Steve-O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Yes we would do it again!
Bought our 255 open in April and love it. Yes we have had a couple problems but wouldn’t change anything about our purchase. We have 48 hours now and they are all saltwater. Just pulled it last week and can’t wait until spring!!
Glad to hear that! 2019 255 Open is what I'm looking at.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If I had it to do all over again I'd get an outboard and a deep v-hull. We spend a significant amount of time in salt water. The Yamaha does great, but I'd like to be able to go off shore. The Yamaha will beat you up in the ocean! My daughter is young and we spend a good amount of time on the sand bar right now so it's great for that.
Try trim tabs I just put them on and it it better. I’ll try them out a lot the first week of the year and report back.