• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet nozzle protection

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What do you guys use to protect the jet nozzles and all the cables on these jet boats? I have a new 2017 AR240 and I'm looking for anything I can do to protect and maintain it before she sees salt water for the first time. I have the salt terminator to flush and T-9 to spray in the engine compartment now. Thanks in advance.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used fluid film on mine, seemed to work good and didn't have a color to it really...smells nice as well:)

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was reading up on this and it said that it is a light amber color. Does this change the color on the nozzle gate? How do you spray this without getting it all over the back of the boat?
It does give it a more bronze look. If your careful, I use a shop towel to help with over spray, it hasn't been a problem.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I've been using CRC-656 going back to my PWC days with success. I was sent a free sample of Fluid Film some years back and that stuff was excellent but a pain to get without paying a bunch. I can get CRC-656 locally.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Liking what I'm reading on the fluid film. Seems like I can eliminate the t-9 spray and use this in the entire engine compartment and also on the jet pump and gate.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$10 a can (11oz) isn't to bad from amazon

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I found FF in Auto Zones in FL. I haven't bought any since I moved to TX but pretty sure I saw some in a local AZ as well.