• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet port popper

Jayme

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone know what happened to this company/product. My clean out ports are way stuck. Tried the ice trick and even was ramping up for the hydraulic jack but the back platform seats get in the way. I tried to take it off but screws to the hydraulic opener wouldn't come off and it was a pia to get back on as the hydraulic wouldn't go back in to get the brackets on the seat screwed back in. By that time I was too scared to try more and too pissed. I called the local dealer which wasnt any help other than the service person saying they once had to use one of their forklifts to get them out and that I "just needed to use force". I'd even buy a jetportpopper from someone if they still have it as I'm guessing once you use it you take care of your ports and never have to use it again!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
She was from long island I think it was a woman Darlene that made It. I heard she is a lawyer and now lives in Arizona not much of a help but that's the info

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t think that company is still around and don’t know recall anyone on this site or yamahajetboaters.com ever buying a jet popper.

I recommend that you buy some clean out plug rebuild kits before partially disassembling the plugs in place again. Afterwards either remove the intake grates and use a hammer and a piece of wood to beat the bottom half of the plugs up through the opening or use a drill/saw to cut the bottom half of the plugs up to remove them. Go with the hammer and wood option And you may be able to reuse the bottom half But I would replace them anyway since The rebuild kit consists of the rubber seal and bottom half of the plug.

good luck.

Jayme

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t think that company is still around and don’t know recall anyone on this site or yamahajetboaters.com ever buying a jet popper.

I recommend that you buy some clean out plug rebuild kits before partially disassembling the plugs in place again. Afterwards either remove the intake grates and use a hammer and a piece of wood to beat the bottom half of the plugs up through the opening or use a drill/saw to cut the bottom half of the plugs up to remove them. Go with the hammer and wood option And you may be able to reuse the bottom half But I would replace them anyway since The rebuild kit consists of the rubber seal and bottom half of the plug.

good luck.
Ronnie what do you mean by partially disassembling? Thanks for the help...

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pull the screws out of the top of each clean out plug, then pull the tops of the plugs out, you may need to pull hard (Maybe with a rope on the T handle) to get the tops to separate from the bottoms and / or the rubber seal/orings (just make sure that the dogs/tabs of plugs are disengaged first) but they should come apart after you pull all 8 screws per plug. Final caveat, there is a spring about the size of a pen cap in each plug, don’t lose either and if you can try and take a pic or peek at how they are oriented in case either falls out later).

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You may want to use some pool lube Lubegard Zer0 or Dawn dish soap solution to unstick the o-ring from the outside and limit the removal force. I have never done this from outside the joint, but it allegedly seems to work on similar fixtures in pool plumbing.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi
Some plugs you push down then push the bottom to remove, and some you push the button and then push down. Try it both ways while jiggling.
If you pull the screws does the top T-handle section pull off. (leaving bottom piece in picture below)
If it does get the rebuild kits which include a new bottom and gaskets.
Then would use a vibrating tool (oscillating multi-tool) and just cut out the bottom plug section (only cut plastic plug area) stay away from the metal sides.
there are other way to cut out, but I would think this would be the safest for non construction type people.
the dish soap, pool lube idea may work too. (sounded promising)

1594504486628.png