• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Jet pump issue on installation

zachholmes02

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Hello! I have a 99 LS2000. I am rebuilding one of the pumps and I'm having an issue. I believe my clearance "A" on the diagram attached is wrong which is causing my issue. The last seal with a smaller ID is getting pushed out and the rear bearing looks like it is too deep.

How can I fix and remove the inner bearing without damage? Is it possible? Is this my issue or something else? I assume others have ran into this problem too. Thanks!

I'm sure it was from having an inadequate gap originally and mainly from pressing the outer race of the rear bearing too far that it pressed the whole assembly to the pump housing lip.

1000030362.jpg1000030360.jpg1000030356.jpg

I have rebuilt both of mine on a 2001 LS2000. However, it has been awhile. In looking at the photo showing the seal being pushed out and toward the impeller, I believe that you have not placed the main bearing far enough on the shaft. My memory, and I think the diagram showing measurement A, suggests that the bearing is not pressed all the way back to the collar on the shaft. My guess is that you do not have to remove the bearing but instead press it further onto the shaft. This could be checked by measuring "A" and if I am correct, your measurement should be something less than 23mm. If so, drive the bearing on further until the measurement of "A" is equal to 23 +/- .1 mm

Back