• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JL M6 Sub Question or Replacement for x2 Marine 10" Bazooka Tubes

cep022

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I currently have x2 10" Bazooka Tubes (Marine) version. They sound decent but are 5-6 years old and the drivers are a bit worn out. I am debating on either replacing the drivers with factory replacements or some other brand keeping the tube enclosures.

If anyone has any options on what maybe to just change the drivers out that would be excellent.

My other option I am thinking about is the JL Audio M6-10IB-S or the M6-10W-S . I was leaning toward 2 of them but maybe only need one. I am open for opinions..

Has has anyone used the M6-10W-S version (enclosure required) ? This one needs a 0.75 cu ft enclosure. Which I have plenty a room where the current tubes are located the IB need 2.0 cu ft which puts those out of being in a box for me.

I am guessing the IB version mounted direct on the boat might sound better and look cooler.. Just not sure if I want to commit to cutting a hole.

Last edited:

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, if you have 2x 10" Bazooka's, you are probably out of my league with the audio. But I have the JL IB (only 1) mounted starboard aft of the helm, under the cushion facing inward. Yep, cut the hole. Actually was not that bad, but a bit of a mind game.

Anyway, it looks fine and I have no issues with the performance (but like I said, probably not in your league there). Very solid speaker. Can't go wrong with JL...

cep022

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for your response. I am guessing that I'll end up cutting a hole. But really am curious if anyone has used the M6-10w-s that wants a small 0.75 cu ft box vs the IB version.

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I just installed M6 10 IB and it sounds pretty good. Much cleaner than the Type R I had in there. I cut a hole across from the storage cubby door in my 19'.

Also have a 10" Bazooka tube. JL blows it out of the water even with the Bazooka being in an enclosure.