• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just one of those days/weekends

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For context, my wife, son and i are camping for the first time this year. Our friends choose a different lake every year. This year it is one I'm familiar with, lake McClure, in NCAL, near Modesto. We also let our friends take our Waverunners up to use.

So the first day, Saturday, started at 5:30 am and it was a comedy of errors pretty much from the moment I woke up. Here are some bullet points in the order they occurred:
1. Before I stepped out the front door I opened the mail received the day before and got this, the underlying event happened in 2014 before I bought the car in 2015. I've never been to this university.
IMG_8469.JPG
2: To save time I pulled the boat and trailer straight out of the side yard with the rear tow hitch on my vehicle instead with the front hitch, put a new tear on the side of my boat's black cover when it rubbed along the fence support. Spend 15 extra minute getting the boat out and 30 patching the cover.
3: ended up leaving an hour late. Goal was to drive the 2 hours to the lake and be here by 8a.
4. Followed Apple maps right to a private driveway which caused 10 miles in back tracking.
5. Got to the one and only park gate I knew of and was told The camp site was on the other side of the lake, 20 miles around by car (3 by boat but couldn't do it because all the camping gear was in the car).
6. Got to the site in 3.5 hours.
7. Had a great day but noticed one of the bunks on my Pwc trailer was off the mount. The screws I used broke or fell out. I strapped the bunk down as a "fix" for the ride home. Similar to the "temporary fix" I did on one of the other bunks late last year.
IMG_8471.JPG
IMG_8472.JPG
8. Went to move the tow vehicle to use it as a wind brake for my campsite and heard a strange noise, ended up being the end of the metal brake line (the one between the brake calipers on my boat trailer) dragging on the ground. It looks like it broke loose on the way up. Can't just reattach what's left (have brake fluid and tools but no way to seal the connection of the line to the caliper) so did not have trailer brakes for the trip home. Taking the long slow and low is the tempo route home to avoid any big or steep down hill stretches.
IMG_8475.JPG
IMG_8473.JPG
9. Got the worst nights sleep ever camping, the wind was strong and consistent all night long.
10. Looks like the next / first upgrade is new bunks for both trailers.
IMG_8480.JPG
IMG_8477.JPG
IMG_8476.JPG

10. It was a long day loading and trailering he boat home. we were tired but in good spirits , just have to remember there is a lot more to boating than just boating.
image.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
still better than sitting around at home all weekend! wish it could have gone better,

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
#10 reminds me of what my wife said to me yesterday after we had to head in early because my daughter got stung by a jellyfish.

As we're in the pool and I'm looking back at the boat and how much work I still have left to do, she says, "Well this was a lot easier and less stressful than the boat. Maybe we should've done this first. I prepared for that trip for hours between packing, getting the kids ready, making lunch, etc. And you prepared for hours this morning too." At that point I corrected her and said, "No, I've been preparing for this for days."