• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just purchased a 2020 212s

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hello from CNY!
I've been lurking for a while on this site, and have been thankful for all the valuable information I've found so far. It helped make our purchase decision easier.
We just purchased a 2020 212s in white at our local boat show. This will be a big upgrade from our Yamaha jetski to say the least and I can wait to get it out on the water once it warms up.
I always see allot of interest in pricing so I figured I would provide our experience.
We received 4.99% financing and paid $55,000 (excluding tax) which included the following;
Boat cover (bow and cockpit)
Coast Guard kit
Bumpers
3 year Yamaha warranty
Free 1st service

There was not much wiggle room on the price, but we thought it was a fair deal. Our local Yamaha dealer is family owned and very helpful so were pretty happy with our experience so far.

We hopefully will take delivery mid April, since it is coming form the factory.

Is there anything I should plan on getting. We've had a jetski for 10 years so I know about the minor things, but a boat of this size will be new to us.
We boat on the river and lakes around Central New York and plan on some watersports.

Also, we are also planning on replacing our dock with a shorestation dock (Classic Sectional Docks | ShoreStation®). Anyone familiar with them ? They seem pretty sturdy and well built, but I haven't been on on thats been installed in the water.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Contrats and welcome!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Congratulations! Bought the same boat!

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! That's a nice boat. Welcome!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey, welcome the forum :Welcome:! Thank for signing up and let us know if you need anything (regarding the boat). Hopefully you have some $$ left to "make it your own". Glad you bought your 2nd boat first. Most don't, I didn't. Good luck and enjoy...

Oh, please post pics, we all love them!

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hey, welcome the forum :Welcome:! Thank for signing up and let us know if you need anything (regarding the boat). Hopefully you have some $$ left to "make it your own". Glad you bought your 2nd boat first. Most don't, I didn't. Good luck and enjoy...

Oh, please post pics, we all love them!
Yeah, I am already eyeing some lighting and a lift. Summer cant come soon enough!

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Congratulations! Bought the same boat!
I am curious what your buying experience was. The dealer was very straight forward and nice, but did not budge much on price. We were able to negotiate a few thousand off, waived dealer fees, 1st service for free, and half price on a cover but not much else.

Teledatageek

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Congrats! I also just bought the same boat and color and will likely get it in April or May. I think you got a great deal - me not so much. Got the 3 year warranty, low interest financing but paid a few thousand more than you even after dealer matched another dealers price.

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Congrats! I also just bought the same boat and color and will likely get it in April or May. I think you got a great deal - me not so much. Got the 3 year warranty, low interest financing but paid a few thousand more than you even after dealer matched another dealers price.
Congrats back! We were pretty happy with the deal we ended up with. We are looking for an April delivery as well.
I notice your from upstate, I was born and raised there.

Teledatageek

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Congrats back! We were pretty happy with the deal we ended up with. We are looking for an April delivery as well.
I notice your from upstate, I was born and raised there.
I should change my location to Western NY - Rochester. I think great deal for you! I was looking at a new '19 in that price range. Looking forward to be back into boating again. Sold our 2010 Yamaha 212SS in 2014...

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I should change my location to Western NY - Rochester. I think great deal for you! I was looking at a new '19 in that price range. Looking forward to be back into boating again. Sold our 2010 Yamaha 212SS in 2014...
We were just at the Rochester boat show. We also went to the CNY boat show and bought it there since we live in Syracuse.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length