• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Keel Shield Size

dordelli

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Wanted to put a Keel Shield on my boat (LX210). Amazon sells the 7 footer for $165 and oddly enough the 9 foot is $135. I know a 7 ft length is recommended for this boat but would a 9 foot length work? Or could I cut it shorter?

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I don't know any reason you couldn't cut it to length. I could be wrong but I don't see a problem cutting it..

dordelli

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Do u have one on ur boat, what size? In clicking thru all the colors and sizes on amazon, the 7ft Navy was only $85, so I quickly bought that one, seems like a great price!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
No , I don't have one.. we don't do a lot of beaching.. we do more dropping anchor and floating on upsidedown lifejackets..LOL..

dordelli

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Hah, Whatever floats ur boat!!!

I need an anchor too, seems like the box anchor is a big favorite, what u using?

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I have just a standard spade anchor, the box is very popular ,and people swear by them. I have never used a box anchor.