• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Kow Neow Mow- muang The Mango Season has finally arrived in Thailand.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Call me greedy ... I don't care Call me selfish... I don't care ... I don't share this with anyone go buy your own, Some of you are still reading my other post so i opened this as a separate post, Now you won't see this in travel brochures or TV documentaries i don't think but once a year and for a short period only Yellow Mango's are available and i have to admit I'm addicted to them, Let me try to explain, They are served with Sticky rice and cooked Coconut milk, Some of you may have heard of Sticky Rice before but for the ones who haven't it's glutenous Rice which takes 24 hours to prepare and cook ( Hence that's why you never see it in restaurants ) It doesn't keep well and needs to be eaten the same day really, It is eaten here with for example Fried Chicken Barbecued Chicken livers you can grab a small handful and roll it into a ball and it doesn't fall to pieces like normal rice would hence the word Sticky Rice, It's delicious and it can also be used in this dish and eaten with iceream and many deserts have it included, Kow Neow Mow - Muang is yellow Mango with Sticky Rice and Coconut Milk, I have included some Photos of where i got it from just a small shop in my Village and that's all the Lady is selling, The season will last about 6 to 8 weeks, Green Mango's are available anytime but Yellow ones are like Gold, I hope you enjoy the Photos.

IMG_2810.JPG

Well here they are in all there glory and a big bowl of sticky rice also

IMG_2809.JPG

There's the sticky Rice

IMG_2811.JPG

Let her pick the Mango she won't give you a bad one, She removes the skin and sections it.

IMG_2815.JPG

She cuts it and puts it in my box, You can see another Mango there she tried for me and she wasn't happy with and the small bags of Coconut Milk she has already prepared, It's always best to let her choose the Mango.

IMG_2812.JPG

There's the bowl of cooked Coconut Milk

IMG_2806.JPG

The finished item you can see the Coconut Milk she puts in a small plastic bag, Just cut the bottom slightly and pour over the Sticky Rice.

IMG_2807.JPG

Thailand at it's best what a great dish.

IMG_2808.JPG

I fired it down my neck, Would i share it ? .....You have more chance of Platting sawdust, I hope you enjoyed the Photos because i enjoyed sending them to you after i finished.

Last edited:
That does look very good!

Yum... I just had that the other day from a Thai friend. Good stuff!

Back