• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Labor Day=

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
DUMBASSES ON THE WATER!

Wow! We were out Sat, Sun, & Mon. and witnessed what I would say is the bottom of the gene pool all at the lake! We stayed out of the main body of the lake for the most part, and stayed tucked back in our usual cove, but even then we were invaded a few times by the jet ski renter, or first time pontoon boat driver! I am shocked no one drowned at Lewisville this weekend!

You a brave soul @BigN8 ! I would not go near Lewisville on Labor Day Weekend. Glad you survived the lack of intelligent life that seems to invade that lake at times.

and THIS is why I am sad the kids are back in school. . . . no more mid week boating.

Labor Day, Memorial Day, and 4th of July: a.k.a. "Amateur Hour"

Good days to wash the boat in the driveway and get it all shiny for the days the idiots aren't out there.

I went out on Lake Winnebago during the last Saturday of the big airshow in Oshkosh. That was enough to remind me why I avoid the aforementioned days.

I must have lucked out. The only idiot I saw on Lake Texoma was ME!!!! :winkingthumbsup"

I did have a buddy meet me Sunday that put in at Highport and he said it was a ZOO. Once he pulled his boat out
he went to the top of the parking lot to pull plugs and other stuff and a lady nailed his boat and trailer with her truck.
He said the damage wasn't too bad, but just enough to bring a tear to his eye for all the hassle to get insurance involved
and the time to take it in, etc.

I was at Joe Pool Lake and it was definitely crowded. I launched at the State Park, but picked up passengers at The Oasis. The ramp at The Oasis was madness, but the State Park ramp was only slightly busy and much more sane.

Texoma was great for us too. Got to see Tom's dockominium on Saturday. Very nice @HawkTX! Met up with my cruiser buddy and several other cruiser friends from his dock and spent the weekend drinking and relaxing. We stayed out and watched the sun disappear on the horizon from my friends cruiser. We've never done that before. We got to marina before it was completely dark. Got to the dock to watch the circus on the ramp and parking lot for a while with a frosty beverage. Stayed away from the ramps and the mayhem in the parking lot till Monday afternoon. It was a ghost town by then.

Sorry to hear about your friends accident Tom. I'm sure he wasn't the only victim of the weekend.

Thanks @PEARCE . It was great seeing you and your family. Glad you guys could stop by.

Back