• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ladder Strap?

DeadlyFrog

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone know where I could get the little black strap that holds the stern ladder in the stow position?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just replaced mine, got it off of eBay for 12 bucks.

Derek Fosbury

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I usually buy from Yamaha sports plaza (part 16, $10ish) but if you are not buying several items shipping will be expensive. For example, I bought a ladder rung cover from them once for $7, they charged me $8 to ship it to me.

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/5003a191f870021f60a12095/hull-deck-fittings

Consider going straight to the oem, windline instead. If you call them they may send it to you for free.

https://windline.com/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=Ladder strap

The loop and ball bungee cords that @Derek Fosbury referenced can be found at Home Depot / lowes in smaller bundles or kits, I don't know how to secure it to the boat though, maybe by using a washer or loop with the stock mounting screw/mounting location.

Derek Fosbury

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
you don't have to secure it per se, you just loop it through itself around the bar that the OEM strap is mounted to, and it stays. I'll try and grab a photo of it later on today.

MITEASWELL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I've used an 8 inch bungee strap on the boat for the last five years works really well. image.jpeg

Ryan Cassidy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I replaced with the factory one. The 2nd one last lasted a lot longer, but it was very difficult to use (ie the wife and kids couldn't pull it) the first few months til it got broken in a bit.

Last edited:

DeadlyFrog

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok all.... Thanks for the ideas and places to buy. I went ahead and ordered from ebay at 12.77 no shipping.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I too used the bungee balls bought a bag of them at harbor freight for like $3 holding well I keep the others on the boat incase anything else ever needs strapped down,