• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Lake Allatoona waterfalls

looks like a great place!

I hear Lanier has waterfalls too! maybe it's time to try and find them!

That's pretty cool!

Cool spot and great looking boat. Didn't know there were falls on Lanier @cane.mba, I'd like to check them out if that's the case. We found the rock folks jump off of today south of Gainesville marina. Kids loved it.

It was definitely fun finding them. Got to explore a part of the lake we've never been on before. If y'all find the falls on Lanier post up the location. We're going to hit Lanier some this summer and it'd be fun finding those too.

My Father-in-law was telling me about them. Somewhere north of HWY 53, near the Chattahoochee golf course. I used Google maps, and it looks like maybe the Ada Creek area where the road separates Lanier from the big pond. I found a pic on Flicker, not sure if this is correct or not, but seems like what I found on google maps. Seems man made to me, and nowhere near as cool as your pics!

Now @curtwalt mentioned jumping rock, and that's totally worth finding! We were out for a few hours today but stayed on the south side around Baldridge.

Maybe we need to get an Atlanta Jetboaters.net Lanier raft up together! (I'll start a Lanier thread in the Gatherings Area).

image.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! That last pic belongs in a frame on the wall!

Nice.

Beautiful. And don't worry about 1.5 ' of water under the boat. That's plenty as long as your not hammering the throttles. You can make that trip again and send some GPS data.

Speaking of Yammies on Allatoona. . . . I SPY......

Attachments

• 20140601_181943.jpg
    20140601_181943.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 31
Very cool! I was wanting to go check out the falls... How deep was it going back to the falls?

Very cool! I was wanting to go check out the falls... How deep was it going back to the falls?

It gets down to about 1.5' under the boat as you head into the cove the falls are in (as you turn in you'll see two bushes in the middle of the cove, one dead and one alive, go between the bushes and just keep heading straight.) and then goes back to around 3' under the boat until you turn the corner into the falls and back to 1.5'.

You'll see a "beach" area on your left as you get to the falls and I shut down right before that and walk the boat in the last 10-15 feet as it's pretty shallow at that point. There are a few rocks in that area so take your time the first time you go in.

Let me know if you need more detail and I'll try to be more specific.

Back