• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Cumberland Boat maintenance shop recommendations.

Bryon720

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking for shop recommendations near Russell Springs to get jet boat winterized. I eventually plan on doing the maintenance myself but until I get situated I was hoping to find a shop I can trust.

Looking for shop recommendations near Russell Springs to get jet boat winterized. I eventually plan on doing the maintenance myself but until I get situated I was hoping to find a shop I can trust.

Don't know how far you're willing to drive, but the shop in Louisville is excellent in my experience. Probably ~3.5hr drive for you, but an option none-the-less.

Don't know how far you're willing to drive, but the shop in Louisville is excellent in my experience. Probably ~3.5hr drive for you, but an option none-the-less.
Thanks for the reply, 3-5 hours would be a little far, just looking for someone close to where I store it to get the first winter out of the way when I'm ready to put it away

Thanks for the reply, 3-5 hours would be a little far, just looking for someone close to where I store it to get the first winter out of the way when I'm ready to put it away
I totally get that. The next nearest that I know of is Stokelys in Nicholasville. Never heard much of anything about them, neither good nor bad.

No need for a dealer. Unlike an outboard or an i/o there is very little that needs to be done to a jetboat. Blast the throttle 3 times on each engine. Remove gear clean boat in and out. The cover the boat for the season. There are many more things you CAN do but what I've given you is the minimalist approach. Your profile doesn't mention what part of the country you're in so snow load may play into how you cover your boat if stored outside.

Been going to that area for YEARS and have used a bunch of places. I had a 1984 I/O that I kept running for probably too many years so I had a lot of experience with all the dealers.

DO NOT USE Personal Performance marine. I have had several different issues over the years.

I have used a Finish Line Marine couple times, its right there by Alligator Docks, really nice people. I recommend them and would use them in a heart beat.

IN TOWN between Russell Springs and Jamestown there is Unlimited Marine. It has been 5+ years since I used them, but did a few times. Never had an issue with work or prices.

I also used Anchorage Marine near Jamestown once and also had no issues.

Also I can let you know when I am heading down to do mine and I am glad to help you. Takes about an hour to back them in, warm up, fog, pull out and dry out.

I am looking at last weekend in Sept or first in Oct.

Also I can let you know when I am heading down to do mine and I am glad to help you. Takes about an hour to back them in, warm up, fog, pull out and dry out.

I am looking at last weekend in Sept or first in Oct.
Thanks for the information, and the offer, but I don't think I'll be down til maybe mid October for one last weekend and to put her up. I will definitely check out Finish Line. I will be storing mine down there, do you recommend an antifreeze flush?

I didnt last year, just revved it a few times out of the water.

Back