• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Lake Hartwell, GA

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone on Lake Hartwell? It looks like we will have a lake house shortly and I will be moving our boat to Lake Hartwell. I have never been on this lake.

Not on; but it is the closest lake to us. We have spent plenty of time on the Seneca River side (Northeast end). It is a nice lake. We prefer Keowee, which is above the dam from Hartwell due to more sandy beaches, generally cooler water and a very constant water level (nuke plant). You will enjoy Hartwell.

nuke plant and boating....quite a combination

Green energy... three-eyed fish and glowing beaches...very cool at night (JK). You can believe it is well controlled. Hartwell has PCB contamination issues on the Seneca River arm and 12 mile creek from old industry so you can't eat any fish of any species caught there. You can see 15+ feet down most of the time, so that at least makes you feel like it's all good.

I'm up gumlog creek

Awesome lake

Good fishing.

A heck of a lot quieter than lanier. I just hope we keep water...

Growing up we went to Hartwell a lot of weekends. Haven't been in 20 years. I remember being able to see the anchor drop for ever. We couldn't eat the fish even back then. It is a lot less crowded than Lanier though. Congratulations on your new place.
Papa

gthunter5 and Papa, Gumlog is very close to where we are in which is Martin. I have read about the PCB but from what I can tell that is on the east side of the lake around Clemson. We are very excited and will have the boat there next weekend!

I've seen more dnr on hartwell in a few months than I have seen in 5 years on lanier. Good stuff

Have you guys been to catfish Johnny's yet?

No I haven't been there. Is that the one at the marina? The lake is so nice! There is like no traffic. We can go out any time and ski, wake board or whatever with virtually nobody around. We can go WOT at any time! We have caught more fish right off the dock without even trying! Great lake!

Looks like it may rain this weekend. Maybe next weekend we can head down to the marina.

Taking the boys camping for the first time Monday, using the Ga State Park First Time Camper program. Great deal for $50 you get a tent, 4 sleeping pads, chairs, camp stove & fuel, etc. hoping they enjoy it, because I really want to go camping at Hartwell. However, before I she'll out a ton of cash for camping gear I want to make sure they like it.

I've heard nothing but great things about Hartwell, and can't wait to see it for myself.

Sounds like fun. Which park are you staying at?

Sloppy Floyd, near Summerville, north west corner of the state.

Had an awesome time camping, the First Time Camper program is awesome! Highly recommend it! I did learn I am not the same person I was a few years ago ( ok 20 years ago ) in the army sleeping outdoors in 20 degree weather. Tent camping is rough, it was damp (rained on us a couple of times) and cool which is not a good combination for my body. However, the boys loved it, and now it looks like Christmas (school starts next week so I don't think we'll get a lot of us before spring) will be all about camping gear.

Hartwell is one of the first places I think we'll try out the new gear. You'll have to let me know which are the best areas of the lake for family fun. It seems like there are several campgrounds to choose from, all I know is that the Seneca river area seems to have (or had) a PCB pollution issue.

Congrats on the new home, did you stay on the Ga side or cross over into SC?

Glad you had a great time. I know what you mean about camping. My kids loved it too and always did as a boy and later until I got a little older. Like you said a little really takes away from it. Yes I read about the Seneca River issue. Tugaloo is the side I am on and in Georgia. Did your boys get to fish? Hartwell is a lake that you can have some fun fishing and actually catch fish! This weekend is not going to be nice either but hopefully next weekend will be.

Back