• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Lanier Christmas Lights

JDFester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took a ride out to see some of the lights and attractions at Lake Lanier Islands over the weekend!108432108433108434108435108436108437108438

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
That's very cool! I've always wanted to see Christmas lights from the water, thought that was reserved for people who live along the coast! Looks awesome, I've never been to the Lake Lanier Islands, and I've been a boater for like 10 years in Marietta. Just stick to Allatoona and a few of the other north GA mountain lakes.

JDFester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The bridge going into the park is pretty much all you can see from the water, but several of the lakefront homes and docks/marinas have already decorated, so I am hopeful there will be some more worth seeing next month.

How is Allatoona throughout the year? A good friend of mine just moved up there last month, so I may venture up there next year. We normally stick to Oconee and Jackson Lake during the peak season; got scared away from Lanier years ago with the number of crazy, unsafe boaters we kept seeing, and according to the news, not much has changed.. However, a friend invited us to meet them there this year just after Labor Day, and we've been back several times since; so far we love it in the off season.

JDFester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
The bridge going into the park is pretty much all you can see from the water, but several of the lakefront homes and docks/marinas have already decorated, so I am hopeful there will be some more worth seeing next month.

How is Allatoona throughout the year? A good friend of mine just moved up there last month, so I may venture up there next year. We normally stick to Oconee and Jackson Lake during the peak season; got scared away from Lanier years ago with the number of crazy, unsafe boaters we kept seeing, and according to the news, not much has changed.. However, a friend invited us to meet them there this year just after Labor Day, and we've been back several times since; so far we love it in the off season.
We really like it, but it can be busy as well, especially on the big three holidays (memorial day/4th of July/labor day). They start draining it right after labor day and only a handful of ramps remain open or even have enough water to put in in the winter. I've been to Lanier a couple of times, its HUGE compared to Allatoona. I haven't witnessed scary crazy people, but have defiantly heard the horror stories of crazy drunks plowing people over with pontoons boats. There's plenty of cool things to see and do up there though. There's a waterfall that you can boat into ( if the water is up enough), rocks to jump off of, and wooded areas on the northern part. I usually put in at Blockhouse and boat up to around Red Top and find an island to chill for the day with the family (includes 2 dogs, they get sick of being on boat with no running around time).

@JDFester are you selling your boat on CL? I saw a 2016 AR192 for sale on CL, said it was in Jackson Lake area.

JDFester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JDFester are you selling your boat on CL? I saw a 2016 AR192 for sale on CL, said it was in Jackson Lake area.
No, that's not me. I have seen a few other Yamahas down there this year, though.