• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Lanier New Home Lake

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
We are putting in on our new home lake (Lanier) tomorrow because of our move from VA we haven't been on the water for almost 5 weeks.
Will be putting in on the south end, tips perils?

Last edited:
South side is pretty busy in the summer on the weekends, but this time of year it should be pretty chill. Welcome to the area.

Welcome to Lanier! Lake levels are very high right now so hazards are pretty limited and most areas are reasonably well marked. Still recommend a chart plotter, can't tell you how many times this year I saw people blow through less than 2’ of water near sandbars. One of our spots had the complete bottom end ripped off a Bravo3 outdrive earlier in the season (probably a $10,000 mistake) obviously less of an issue with our jet drives. Also, join the private Lake Lanier Boaters Group on Facebook. Plenty of unnecessary drama but generally a great source of news and information. Take some time to head up the Chestatee River in NW part of the lake. Very different feel from the South end of the lake.

Welcome to the hood! We use Port Royale as our home base. South side of lake is party side, specially in summer. Navionics on the phone does a perfect job in keeping you away from trouble. This time of year most restaurants start to close down. Twisted Oar stays open year round. I heard Fish Tales won't close this off season either.

Can anyone recommend good ramps with docks. We went to two ramps the other day, struck out and didn't put it. Unfortunately based o work and other commitments that might of been the last warm day we could have put in this year. Will like do a leaf peeping run when appropriate.

We typically put in an Vanns Tavern. It's pretty protected cove and very rarely busy. Never had any issues launching or recovering there.

We typically put in an Vanns Tavern. It's pretty protected cove and very rarely busy. Never had any issues launching or recovering there.
Will check it out Thanks.

@kgower,

Welcome to Georgia. :-)

King

So far, I have been putting in at Thompson Creek, Duckett Mill, and Vans Tavern. I’ve tried Mary Alice and Tidwell park before and I have to say they are insane during the summer…. We go to Lanier a few times a year, but spend more time on Burton and Allatoona.

Welcome to town.

Can anyone recommend good ramps with docks. We went to two ramps the other day, struck out and didn't put it. Unfortunately based o work and other commitments that might of been the last warm day we could have put in this year. Will like do a leaf peeping run when appropriate.
Are you referencing courtesy docks? I actual docks that you can tie up and leave your boat for a period of time. Little Ridge Park is on the southside, courtesy dock only and gets very-full in the summer / holidays. I recently moved a little further north on the lake and have been using Young Deer Creek Park. This ramp has 3 lanes and a courtesy dock only. Bald Ridge Marina is another option, they have a little convenience store (not sure if open in the offseason). They have a number of docks that you can tie up to, if I'm not mistaken.

Back