• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Livingston - Texas

WilCo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Likely headed to Lake Livingston State Park this afternoon - if anyone is up that way, look for the blue AR190 with me and my 3 boys! We'll be camping overnight (until the thunderstorms push us out).

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry mine are locked up for the season.
FYI We are playing Austin trip next summer, you might want to keep an open eye for that

WilCo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was rougher than lake Conroe...I'm assuming there are better parts than where we were at, but I would definitely not go back to the state park area of Lake Livingston.

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That was rougher than lake Conroe...I'm assuming there are better parts than where we were at, but I would definitely not go back to the state park area of Lake Livingston.
Hummm now you have me thinking, I been looking forward to visiting lake Livingston next season.

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Lake Livingston is a nice lake, but the ramps at the state park don't have a lot of protection and are unusable if any wind is blowing in that direction. Best to launch by the KOA Camp in Onalaska (check water level before heading out) or Cape Royale if you can find a guest pass. I wouldn't go back to the State Park area either, but Lake Conroe (the gulf of Conroe) takes the win for rough lake IMHO. For everyone else: I'm always told to stay in the channel at Livingston until you are familiar with it, several stump areas.

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It depends on the time of year, @WilCo. This time of year, it's not unusual to get wind blowing out of the west or northwest, and that will hammer you on the Livingston State Park side. In the summer the wind almost always blows from the southwest and it'll be nice and calm there.

I am way up on the White Rock Creek area, near Lake Olympia and Trinity, but occasionally ride skis or the boat down the state park--about 50 miles. In fact, I've been all the way from the DAM upriver to Highway 7, which is about 150 miles from the park. No fear of stumps--just stay in the channel and watch out for floating stuff every time of year.

Last weekend we were in the river and past thousands of pelicans on the bank of the river near the jungle.

-Greg

Last edited:

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Livingston is hit or miss. If its rough by pine island head over to the cove by penwaugh sleu and vista versa.