• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

LAKE POWELL 2013 Recap

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Back from Lake Powell.....I'm working everyday and I have a cold....

The trip was just OK this time,
here's a High Point if you don't want to read on...

I dug out the Side of a Hill with a Shovel for 4 + hours to make this killer slide for the Kids...it was HOT...and stickers were everywhere...

We rented 2 House Boats and 2 Wave runners with 4 Families (19 people)
+ we brought the X-30

Day 1 - Wave Runner broke at the Launch ramp....Left it behind to let rental place fix..
-X-30 Fuel pump broke 15 miles from Marina
- Drove House boat all the way back with MC in tow... hauled out at 10pm that night, put fixed Wave Runner back in water
Day 2 - Dropped MC at Marina boat shop, got Fuel Pump red Labeled to Marina
- Pick up 2 nd House boat to meet 1st Houseboat on Lake
- I later Smashed the front end of Waverunner 2 on the Rocks...Bust the Bumber right off .CRAP
Day-3
Blown Motor discovered on House boat 1
- Woke up to Flooding on House boat 2, Water in Head was left running all night by one of the kids...2 bedrooms downstairs useless for the rest of the trip...
- Found new spot to beach Boat....worse than the 1st spot...More stickers
- I got a ride back to the Marina with the Houseboat mechanic in a Big thunderstorm....very cool...
-spent the night in My RV
Day 4- Picked up MC around 11am from Boat repair... Launched SOLO with my 34' RV....Fun....I'm better a Ramp manners than most...LOL
- Hauled A$$ out to the HousBoats just as they were Pulling up Anchor
- Moved to our Final location..
- This Spot was actually nice
Day 5 - Finally got to relax and build my Waterslide
Ended Day with some wake Surfing...
DAY 6
- Took 16 People in the MC to Rainbow Bridge (3 - more on a WaveRunner)The MC handled this quite well, if you ever need to do it..
- We actually have 17 on the way back as an afternoon Storm blew in and the Child on the Wave Runner need to ride with us, waves were to high for the Ski and 3 riders safety
- The MC handle the Rough water and Winds quite well, we were able to make 22-25 mph with out too much pounding.....SOlid Boat indeed
DAY 7
- Said good by to House Boat 1
- The rest of us made the Massive Cruise all the to BULL FROG
- We let the kids tube on the way
- My TWO daughters heads SMASHED together about half way there...
- end of Tubing for the Day...but the trouble was not over...
My oldest daughter (14) began to have a bad headache and became sleepy....a sign of Head Trauma (concussion)
- The nearest Medical help was Bull Frog by this point ..so we charged on...going as fast was safe at times..

- We got Medical attention for her at Bull Frog -- "Minor Concussion" was in fact the case.. she was treated and released
- We got underway at 6PM with just enough time to return to our Houseboats as the Sun disappeared. Scary day and $300 of Fuel + $320 Medical

Day 8
- got up early , cleaned our mess off the Beach
- Return Houseboat
- Drove back to Oceanside
- No incidents

Blahhhhhh!!!!IMG_8841.JPGIMG_8848.JPG

2013 or 2014? in '13 stickers really weren't too big of an issue because of the lake level being so low. With the high runoff this year (thank god) there are so many sage brush that have left behind miserable foot killers.

Sucks to hear about the problems, but great that you were able to make it out there with such a nice sized crew. 2 houseboats and 19 people... those are some lucky 19 people! :-). We had 17 people on our 1 houseboat last year, only 12 this year. Going back down in September with a crew of probably only 6.

What an eventful vacation. Thanks for sharing and keeping spirit's up.

Back