• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Lake Shasta natives

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a houseboat trip planned for the second week in August. This will be my third year doing this trip, and each time previously the lake has been nearly full. This year, with the water so low, I am concerned about there being enough lake available to make it worth it.

Has anybody done a houseboat trip on Shasta with the water level low? Any thoughts?

Nope. I'm in lake Stevens, about 45min NE of Seattle.

Addicted, the last two summers we have taken trips with our boat down to Shasta, (also from Lake Stevens) last year was pretty rough also went in August, only one ramp open for the whole lake, but we still had a blast. There was still plenty of space for everyone, only thing we noticed is the lake gets rougher quicker. Our friends own a house boat on the lake, talked to them this week and they say its much fuller right now then the same time last year, who knows come August though.

Thanks for the reply @jetboat623, this is exactly what I was looking for. I checked the level compared to last year and found the same, so if it worked out well for you last year, we should be good. The lake has been at full capacity on each of our previous trips, and it was actually difficult to find a decent place to tie up for the night, and have a fire (lack of beach). This year will be a different experience for sure.

Thanks again!

Yes, I have. The last time we faced this similar situation in '04.

We found a great cove for our houseboats and the only problem was it kept shrinking. Every single day we had to back the houseboats off the beach and re-set them.

Here's a photo taken from the spot near where the marina was in the past:

Shasta 04 059.jpg

We could watch the water recede measured by the lines on the hillside:

Shasta 007.jpg

The Yamaha was the only one of the boats we towed up there that could make it down to the ends of the fingers of the different arms of the lake. It was eerie back there.

Thanks for the pictures. It is crazy to see that much shoreline. I have not been there with ANY shoreline exposed. The vegetation was right at water level. I have been a NW guy my whole life. Lack of water is not a term I am familiar with :).

It will be a different experience for you but this is still a huge reservoir. Like @Glassman said, you will probably have to back off and re-beach daily. These are the ramps that will be available. I'd guess it will be in the 140-160 category by August. Hope not though!

rmpinfo2.gif

It will be a different experience for you but this is still a huge reservoir. Like @Glassman said, you will probably have to back off and re-beach daily. These are the ramps that will be available. I'd guess it will be in the 140-160 category by August. Hope not though!

rmpinfo2.gif
That is good info to have. Thank you!

Back