• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Texoma question

MrSelfdizstruct75

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was talking to a coworker about my impending boat purchase and about wanting to head to Texoma with the family this summer. He said to be very careful as a lot of boats sink or have issues going across the lake. Now I am not from this area but the lake doesnt look big enough to get swells or high seas. Could anyone enlight me about this lake and what I might run into?

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am out there every holiday, there are some hidden sand bars and if you head way up north into the river area you get alot of trees quick. I have been out there for 10+ years now. I am bringing mine down this year to join in on the fun.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Most of those boats are fishing boats. I had a 20'er I/O on Texoma and never had an issue. Now the chop can get nasty in some open spots and if you get caught out in a storm, but generally speaking you'll be fine. It's like any lake, be wary when the levels are low and watch for weather. A good map of the lake is always a must.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Like what @Shuck Water said, watch the weather and the wind. We are on that lake most weekends during the summer and at least monthly during the offseason and the weather changes quickly, especially in the spring and early summer. There are a number of sandbars that we call islands that are very popular to anchor stern to beach and hang out on. On the Oklahoma side of the islands the lake is considerably more shallow then on the Texas side, but in a jet it's not really a big concern. If you're not familiar with where to go and not go then I would recommend Navionics on your phone or tablet till you get the lay of the lake. I wouldn't recommend running in the large, open areas of water on windy days unless you want to practice your skills at crossing the gulf stream on the way to Bimini. Also, watch out for wakes of cruisers, they will put your Yamaha completely airborne of you're going fast enough. Ask me how I know. Lol!!

Let me know when ya'll make it out and maybe we can meetup.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m 45 mins from there, never been, let me know I’d be interested in a meetup.