• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat Stuff Lateral Thruster and Thrust Vectors

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a set of JBP thrust vector XV and a lateral thruster for single engine Yamis to sell. I tried these out on my 2018 AR 195 but decided to go back to the CJS Viper. All hardware is included. How about $200 shipped for the combo? If you want to come to East TN I will help you install.

KyleP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like a great deal. I have a 17 195 and been thinking about making the switch. What made you want to switch back?

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like a great deal. I have a 17 195 and been thinking about making the switch. What made you want to switch back?
The two main reasons are that (1) I was getting a small amount of spray from the vectors when cruising with the windshield closed and (2) the lateral thrusters must be removed to pull the pump off. We occasionally have a lot of small debris in the cove where we launch and I have had to pull the pump off before to clear small sticks that passed through the impeller. Having to remove the lateral thruster (which involved removing the rudder) would be a PITA.

Other than the above, I prefer the way the boat tracks with the CJS viper and the small amount of "trim tab" effect it adds. Maneuvering in reverse with the lateral thrusters is truly amazing and it is a great product. If I could run the viper and thrusters I would probably be keeping it but I don't see how that is possible.

AJACHIM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
is there anything in the thrust vector that would make it difficult to reinstall without new pieces?

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
is there anything in the thrust vector that would make it difficult to reinstall without new pieces?
Not that I am aware of. It unbolted without issue and was only on the boat for a few weeks. I would advise putting dabs of blue threadlocker on the bolts before reassembly and will include the remainder of the red threadlocker that came with the kit for use on the lateral thruster bolts.

AJACHIM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
do you have any pictures of the thrust vectors ? Im assuming they are the black ones?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
on my SX230 the pump comes off just fine with the Lateral Thrusters installed by removing the 5 bolts holding the whole assembly to the boat, (plus the gate clip and steering cable bolt) and the entire thing slides out. Does it block something else for you that makes you have to remove it when you want to remove the pump? Or are you leaving the impeller liner in when you remove the pump?

Just curious (and bumps up your ad too :) )

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Are theses still available????

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry for the delay. The lateral thruster is still available but ajachim bought the thrust vectors.

Beachbummer, I guess I never thought about pulling the whole thing. I have had issues with small sticks getting stuck between the impeller housing and Venturi (hope that terminology is right). With the lateral thruster installed I couldn’t remove the lower two bolts to separate those parts. I suppose they would eventually blow out of the nozzle.....

redsand

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry for the delay. The lateral thruster is still available but ajachim bought the thrust vectors.

Beachbummer, I guess I never thought about pulling the whole thing. I have had issues with small sticks getting stuck between the impeller housing and Venturi (hope that terminology is right). With the lateral thruster installed I couldn’t remove the lower two bolts to separate those parts. I suppose they would eventually blow out of the nozzle.....
Since the thrust vector is gone...

What's the price + shipping (43074) for the lateral thruster

Jeffstrack6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will take the lateral thruster if still available?

Jeffstrack6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I’ll take the lateral thruster if available? Will it work on 17 AR195?