• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Leave Tower Speakers hooked up?

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you guys leave your tower speakers hooked up when you arent using your boat? I have 4 Wet Sounds REV8s and would be extremely upset if I came outside one morning and they were missing. I have the swivel clamps so they are pretty easy to disconnect and reconnect, but it does get a little old taking them off and putting them back on every time I want to use the boat... I leave my boat parked next to my house on the side of my driveway, but I dont live in the best neighborhood either.... Anyone else in a similar situation and had no issues? Thanks

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My Exiles are removed and reinstalled every outing. Single thumb screw makes it easy.

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Towing down the road can be hard on tower speakers, especially the very heavy ones.

If convenient, I would remove the speakers when stored. They are an advertisement, or at least a suggestion, that you have lots of expensive components under the cover and in the boat, like a sub and multiple amplifiers. The market for stolen tower speakers may be narrow based just on the numbers. But there are infinitely more cars and there is a much broader market for resale of everything that is in the boat, which applies to cars. That is why theft often includes all that is under cover yet they left the tower speakers alone.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If I had the quick release speakers and did not store inside a locked garage, then I would remove them every time. It is a convenient feature for you , and a thief...