• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

led controller

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ok .. I have been reading all the led install threats and I have made myself complete confused about several things. We don't boat at night that much but we do boat until dark, (best time on the lake). I am changing my stereo and am currently looking at the fusion 750 with wetsound xs65i-rbg speakers to install some leds in the boat at the same time. We don't have a tower and i am only replacing the 4 factory speakers at this time with plans to add more maybe next year with an amp. My question is led controllers to run the led in the speakers. Somewhere i got lost in all the data on which controller is the best.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You'll need a controller for the LED's. I think this is the same controller @Bruce installed.

Wetsounds offers one for $100, but I believe this is the same unit without their logo.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You'll need a controller for the LED's. I think this is the same controller @Bruce installed.

Wetsounds offers one for $100, but I believe this is the same unit without their logo.
Wow, that is some crazy markup by Wetsounds!

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I suggest the wifi remote that lets your smartphone control the LEDs. I have it in my truck and bought one for my boat too. It's great

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My led controller is wifi and I'm not thrilled about it. It's becoming cumbersome to have everything go through one device. I use my phone to play music also, so I can either be connected to the led controller wifi or to the LTE network. It would be fine if I didn't want to stream music, but I don't only enjoy the music on my phone.

For most situations I like having fewer devices to carry (i.e. a camera) but I am finding my phone being pulled in too many directions.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah - I totally agree. Rather have separate control.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had separate control in my truck but I love having it on my phone. At times it's annoying to wait for it to load up but you can set it and go to a different wifi network and leave functions on and whatever. It's just nice having it fully customizable. You can set different zones to be different colors and whatever. Again I like it but I can understand why some may not. For $24 I would try it before spending a lot on a wet sounds controller

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry dont want to hiJack a thread for a second but I will lol. So I have opted to go single color on LED's as I figured there was one color i would use the most and really had no need for the changing colors. I used to have the multi color system on my motorcycles but found I spent 90% of the time using one color and also as bad is this sounds its bit of a little laziness as well as I didn't want to solder all those wires. Does any one have a recommendation on a dimmer that will work well on the boat? I bought the 50/50 leds and as I of today I started working on putting this together now I'm worried they may be a little to bright for underway operation so I would like to find a way to dim them slightly while moving but while at anchor or dock be able to re brighten them.

Last edited:

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry dont want to hiJack a thread for a second but I will lol. So I have opted to go single color on LED's as I figured there was one color i would use the most and really had no need for the changing colors. I used to have the multi color system on my motorcycles but found I spent 90% of the time using one color and also as bad is this sounds its bit of a little laziness as well as I didn't want to solder all those wires. Does any one have a recommendation on a dimmer that will work well on the boat? I bought the 50/50 leds and as I of today I started working on puting this together now I'm worried the may be a little to brought for underway operation so I would like to find a way to dim them slightly while moving but while at anchor or dock be able to re brighten them.
I bought all single color too and looked for a dimmer. But like I said up there I'm going to buy the wifi remote so I can dim them through my phone. Doing pulsing and set the blue LEDs to music. I would check Oracle dimmers if you decide not to do a controller