• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

LED Lights Install

Huv1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm attempting to put 6 blue LED lights in the interior of y 2019 AR190. I'm not an electrician, but have done some small projects like this before. I assumed I could wire them into the existing courtesy light line and continue the run around the boat. I'm having trouble getting the first one to even work before I move onto the others. I got the light to come on with the switch one time as a test, but when I unhooked it to be able to run it through the hole and mount it, I can't get it to work again. Hooked up the same as it was a few minutes before but nothing. Thought maybe I tripped the breaker on the courtesy light switch but that was fine. I'm at a loss and sure it's something stupid but was hoping someone on here could give me some ideas. Thanks in advance.

I've got several wired to courtesy switch no issues. I believe the courtesy breaker is 5amps. Double check your wiring, something is goofy.

With some LED lights the wiring matters, meaning +/-. I hooked up some lights for a project to test, they worked, when I hooked them up after install I reversed the wires and they did not work. Finally someone suggested switching the wires, and they worked again. Maybe that is your issue??

I'm attempting to put 6 blue LED lights in the interior of y 2019 AR190. I'm not an electrician, but have done some small projects like this before. I assumed I could wire them into the existing courtesy light line and continue the run around the boat. I'm having trouble getting the first one to even work before I move onto the others. I got the light to come on with the switch one time as a test, but when I unhooked it to be able to run it through the hole and mount it, I can't get it to work again. Hooked up the same as it was a few minutes before but nothing. Thought maybe I tripped the breaker on the courtesy light switch but that was fine. I'm at a loss and sure it's something stupid but was hoping someone on here could give me some ideas. Thanks in advance.
Last boat - wired the led controller to the courtesy light switch. Worked out fine, might check the fuse below the switch, possibly blown?

I didn’t know about the 20 amp fuse by the disconnect switch in the battery compartment. That was the problem. I checked it, it was blown, replaced and all is well. I really appreciate the help. Thank you! Lights are installed and work perfectly.

Back