• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Let’s see those new boats just picked up 252SE

Bimmerbri

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Congrats. Can you share any of your experiences with the boat thus far. Any quality issues? Top Speed?

Eriejetboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Congrats. Can you share any of your experiences with the boat thus far. Any quality issues? Top Speed?
I missed this thread at first, but can comment on experiences and top speed. There have been 3 problems thus far:

1) the anchor locker drain was dumping water into the bilge when people were riding in the bow. I RTV'd the drain hole shut and haven't had any further problems. I plan to replace the fitting with a stainless steel version that is longer, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
2) the cleanout port cover was not well sealed to the boat. This allowed water to dump into the bilge any time I slowed down and a wave came into the stern or anytime the water came up the clean out ports. More RTV and it is fixed. Runs pretty dry now.
3) One of the 4 screws that hold the connext screen on worked its way loose. Allen wrench and it's fixed now.

Other than that, it is a great boat, even for Lake Erie. I recently did my 10 hour service with no real issues. The fastest I've actually seen is 44MPH, but I can't say I've actually done a real top speed run yet. I haven't had a smooth day on the water since I got out of the break in period. (It gets pretty choppy on the western basin of Lake Erie.)

ken4motion

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So far, I've only taken the boat out three times so I don't have that much data to go on.

Positives: Boat overall runs flawlessly. The fly by wire throttle is a gem. Solid on water, tracks well, a nice ride improvement over the SX190. Nice power, 45 MPH tops with two people and 3/4 fuel, flat water ASL. (I think she has more though)
No leaks but I did change out the anchor locker drain.

From a quality control viewpoint, some issues are noticed:
windshield door is misaligned.
Starboard bow seat back does not sit flush to hull so there is a nice gap for water to enter.
The port side swim platform speaker does not work.
Overspray on black gloss finishes.
Captain's chairs were loose, bolts coming out.

If you have not seen the video yet produced by @Leojay :) 252SE Maiden, Break-in, quick review!

20210626_210022.jpg