• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

lets talk thrust vector wake Real life reviews

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
how has everyone liked them? Pros and cons?

I'll start with the Cons

Cons
-steering much more stiff. Then without.
I had them off this weekend and was night and day difference.
-i couldn't ever get a super clean wake dialed in on my boat. That is partially because we don't go out and surf for hours. Wife and I grt out surf and couple runs each and then head to an island somewhere to hang out and let kids play. Then head to tube on way back in.

Pros
-the tubing did have reduced spray
-the slow speed steering was improved, but idk if it was enough to outway the heavy steering.
-fuel economy on my sx230(2006) and TVW on i can cruise at 7100rpm and a speed of 23mph 9.7gph. Today at 710rpm I was holding about 19mph and burning 10gph. To match the speed I had to get up to 8000rpm and it was close to 12gph.
-i had noticed it planed quicker when cruising and cut through wakes easier.

Let me know what else yall have found/experienced.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We were pretty happy with the cut in spray last season. The surf wave never really cleaned up, so in February, I shipped my jet wash deflector back. As they had the new 24’ Jetwash deflector in the works for us. I just got notice today that it is shipping this week. I sure hope to see it by the weekend, but I’m not holding my breath.

Once I get that I will post up more video of the results.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We were pretty happy with the cut in spray last season. The surf wave never really cleaned up, so in February, I shipped my jet wash deflector back. As they had the new 24’ Jetwash deflector in the works for us. I just got notice today that it is shipping this week. I sure hope to see it by the weekend, but I’m not holding my breath.

Once I get that I will post up more video of the results.
Did you notice any difference in planing quicker or cruising at a lower rpm?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I never noticed any difference getting on plane. And I don't think that is a feature. Unlike my previous boat, where I had an extended and lowered ride plate. It reduced planing time, and minimized porpoising. (sp)

As far as cruising at low RPM, yes, much improvement. But I came from TV-XV and expected it to be as good, and it is. No wake mode to 2000rpm and we putt at 5mph for happy hour. Of course, it's a Yamaha, so you still have more see-sawing of the wheel than a 24' Bennington TriToon, but it's better than stock for sure.

And for all those worrying about the stiffness in the wheel, it's all in what you get used to. I noticed it last season, as I went from TV-XV, to no fins, while waiting for these to ship, to a bit heavier steering. This season, I started out with them installed, and it's like nothing worth noting. It's only heavy when you have a direct comparison.

In the sports car industry, they would call it a nice tight, solid feel while under way. I mean if you had a choice, would you like tight/solid or loose and sloppy?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So we had a great weekend for boarding and surfing. Other than the bruised and potentially cracked ribs I have.

TV-wakes performed as needed, and we are still waiting on the new 24' jetwash deflector. I would have to see we have it about as cleaned up as we can get without it. It's surfable for sure. As always, the kids are way too impatient to wait for the bags to fill up, and they promise to sit in the places needed for ballast. And as always, they move to the high/dry side.

So, 400lb in the ski locker, 850lb custom bag, small kids in the back and bow (scattered all over) I should have filled my other 400lb and put it on the surf side seat. But hey, it was fun, and the kids had fun.

1.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I'm still trying to find the perfect "no rope" wave behind my boat. I had it once, through the rope, and was surfing great until we had to slow down for another boat. Since then I have not been able to recreate. Still trying to get it all dialed in - I'm going to try adjusting the Ride Steady to not sync the engines and then limit the port side engine down some to allow for more starboard "steer" in a straight line.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have yet to try that either. Honestly, there are so many things to think about while driving this boat and avoiding traffic etc. I can see why the speed control options are so popular.

If I could just get the damn kids out of bed before noon on the weekends, we would have more time to play on smooth water with less traffic. Or at least a willing driver, so I could play.

Farny

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
19ft 195s 2020 - Ill start by saying never tried wakesurfing until now 185lb & 6 ft. this is the first go ever at wakesurfing. Ive been playing around with trying to surf this boat.
Phase 1 - With only driver on board and no equipment, slightly surfable (with some rope pressure) at 10mph and gradual turn in direction of rider 20ft depth. at 9mph, total loss of surfable area.
Phase 2 - 5 passengers sittinging in the back surf side @ 10 mph was actually able to surf with no pressure on the rope 50% of the time. (also figured out here i needed to place weight more forward on the board...duh)
Phase 3 - Havent tried yet, but looking to add the yamaha surf package. Will report when i get one.

Since I'm new I only purchased a used board 5ft compression molded like a giant wakeboard. I am wondering if with the lighter floatier EPS boards we could actually go without the rope all together.

Tayhadasuperjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
19ft 195s 2020 - Ill start by saying never tried wakesurfing until now 185lb & 6 ft. this is the first go ever at wakesurfing. Ive been playing around with trying to surf this boat.
Phase 1 - With only driver on board and no equipment, slightly surfable (with some rope pressure) at 10mph and gradual turn in direction of rider 20ft depth. at 9mph, total loss of surfable area.
Phase 2 - 5 passengers sittinging in the back surf side @ 10 mph was actually able to surf with no pressure on the rope 50% of the time. (also figured out here i needed to place weight more forward on the board...duh)
Phase 3 - Havent tried yet, but looking to add the yamaha surf package. Will report when i get one.

Since I'm new I only purchased a used board 5ft compression molded like a giant wakeboard. I am wondering if with the lighter floatier EPS boards we could actually go without the rope all together.
The wedge really does a good job. The yamaha bags are a bit too light.

If I could do it all over I would get the wedge by itself, and the 650 lb custom bag. I have the same boat BTW.

Farny

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The wedge really does a good job. The yamaha bags are a bit too light.

If I could do it all over I would get the wedge by itself, and the 650 lb custom bag. I have the same boat BTW.
Did the package enhance the wake noticeably for you with the package?